Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay so this is probably a stupid idea, but should I take sertraline again. I have some left over but it wasn't working for me so I just sort of gave up on it. But now I've hit a rough patch ™️ and might benefit from being on them again. Is it worth contacting my GP because I have insurmountable ✨anxiety✨ about doing that and also yk they're super busy dealing with the *everything*?

I'm also aware of the fact that there is a very strong chance I have bi-polar disorder and add and I've been trying to get a screening from the Nhs for well over a year, but yk wait lists and now world ending pandemic and also moving back home has made that a very remote possibility. Is it worth paying for a private consultation from the money I saved up from my job or am I just being ✨over dramatic ✨? I definitely need help, it probably isn't urgent but I kind of want to be somewhat emotionally stable before I start work and have a career (assuming that's a possibility after I graduate cuz yk recession, depression and idk is there a 3rd tier cuz like yk that)?

Does anyone have any experience with private screenings, especially during the pandemic? Are they in person? Are they particularly helpful?

Any thoughts appreciated.
jlggr4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so this is probably a stupid idea, but should I take sertraline again. I have some left over but it wasn't working for me so I just sort of gave up on it. But now I've hit a rough patch ™️ and might benefit from being on them again. Is it worth contacting my GP because I have insurmountable ✨anxiety✨ about doing that and also yk they're super busy dealing with the *everything*?

I'm also aware of the fact that there is a very strong chance I have bi-polar disorder and add and I've been trying to get a screening from the Nhs for well over a year, but yk wait lists and now world ending pandemic and also moving back home has made that a very remote possibility. Is it worth paying for a private consultation from the money I saved up from my job or am I just being ✨over dramatic ✨? I definitely need help, it probably isn't urgent but I kind of want to be somewhat emotionally stable before I start work and have a career (assuming that's a possibility after I graduate cuz yk recession, depression and idk is there a 3rd tier cuz like yk that)?

Does anyone have any experience with private screenings, especially during the pandemic? Are they in person? Are they particularly helpful?

Any thoughts appreciated.
I think an appt with your GP would be good. They can give you another prescription if they think they should and put you on a wait list for diagnoses. Additionally, they can give you an informed opinion on whether they think you should seek private healthcare in terms of wait times and urgency. x
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't take them, tbh you should've given these meds to your pharmacist so they can appropriately dispose of them safely.

Speak to your GP. It won't be in person and yes they're still open to speak to patients.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bipolar disorder is not generally easily confused or missed- if you had experienced a manic episode, other people would know about it. It would be considered extremely bad practice to retrospectively diagnose bipolar. Emotional instability isn't bipolar.

Mental health is a legitimate reasons to see your GP, you should book an appointment with them. It's their job

Don't take the sertaline without consulting the GP, if you do have bipolar, it could trigger a manic episode. It is worth noting that it takes several weeks for it to take effect and some people suffering from anxiety require higher doses then when it's been used to treat depression.

How long is the waiting list to be seen by CHMT? Private consultantions are very expensive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.5%
No (606)
50.5%

Watched Threads