Daniel0988
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi I need ABB for architectural history at Edinburgh but I fear I’ll get ABC would I definitely get rejected? The course is very undersubscribed like 10 people do it so I wonder if that matters? Any thoughts?
epm000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not necessarily, they may give you a conditional offer of ABC if your personal statement is good and them being undersubscribed especially, or a conditional of ABB with the same reasoning. nothing is definite, and as you are only one grade off you may be ok. good luck!
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No-one knows. No-one can give you a guarantee - because it depends on all the other offer holders results.
It's possible they may still accept you - but no-one knows what might/will happen this year.

This is the point of an Insurance - and if you pick this as your Firm, make sure your Insurance is a course you do actually want to go to if the worst should happen.
Daniel0988
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
No-one knows. No-one can give you a guarantee - because it depends on all the other offer holders results.
It's possible they may still accept you - but no-one knows what might/will happen this year.

This is the point of an Insurance - and if you pick this as your Firm, make sure your Insurance is a course you do actually want to go to if the worst should happen.
Yeah I know I have a BBB from Birmingham but I really don’t want to go 😬
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Daniel0988)
Yeah I know I have a BBB from Birmingham but I really don’t want to go 😬
Why pick a university you dont want to go to. That is absolutely foolish. Nobody can guarantee whether they will get offers or be accepted from any specific university.
Kat.02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wouldn't put yourself down, always believe in yourself! But sometimes universities consider people who haven't quite got the grades. You could email or call the uni as they may tell you more information
Daniel0988
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Why pick a university you dont want to go to. That is absolutely foolish. Nobody can guarantee whether they will get offers or be accepted from any specific university.
Because at the time I thought I did and then I actually saw the campus in person and realised it wasn’t for me 😂
Daniel0988
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kat.02)
I wouldn't put yourself down, always believe in yourself! But sometimes universities consider people who haven't quite got the grades. You could email or call the uni as they may tell you more information
Ok thanks for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (54)
24.43%
Unhappy (59)
26.7%
Conflicted (108)
48.87%

Watched Threads