Anxiety and Emetophobia

Watch
sienna546
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, so I've been struggling with really bad anxiety for a few months now, I've tried cbt and while I'm improving a little it's still really affecting my life. I can't even think about going to uni, exams, leaving my house, etc without feeling sick to my stomach. I was hoping someone on here may have some tips or be willing to share their story so I don't feel as alone! Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you're struggling like I am I hope you know you're not alone and I can relate
Maisielytical
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Heya! I am a sixth form student in yr 12 and don't worry, I totally understand where you are coming from. I get social anxiety as well as anxiety about my education. I also have massive anxiety about talking to people about my problems apart from my mum which kinda leaves me in a complicated loop haha. I haven't actually properly talked to anyone that is actually my age since mid December but because my mum has been going to college and studying counselling for a few years now, it is like having your own personal counsellor! She has suggested cat but again, anxiety of talking to people about my problems.
I am starting to get slightly better as well but I am just worried about starting school tomorrow and just being sent straight back into the loop.
I get how you feel and I really do wish you the best of luck. If you ever want anyone to relate to, just hit me up lol
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anxiety sucks! Trust me my one is extreme. What’s going through your head when you have anxiety attacks
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I suffered from emetophobia suite severely in lockdown one, so much so to the point that I developed disordered eating habits-which I'm not going to get into now. All I'm gonna say is that it will get better and you're not alone. Try stick with the CBT, and I've found talking therapy really helps. I literally felt nauseous every single second of every single day, but it does get better and you will get through this
sienna546
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Anxiety sucks! Trust me my one is extreme. What’s going through your head when you have anxiety attacks
It really does! A lot of thoughts really, I tend to get annoyed with myself for feeling this way, the main thing going through my head is that I’ll be sick and embarrass myself hbu
sienna546
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maisielytical)
Heya! I am a sixth form student in yr 12 and don't worry, I totally understand where you are coming from. I get social anxiety as well as anxiety about my education. I also have massive anxiety about talking to people about my problems apart from my mum which kinda leaves me in a complicated loop haha. I haven't actually properly talked to anyone that is actually my age since mid December but because my mum has been going to college and studying counselling for a few years now, it is like having your own personal counsellor! She has suggested cat but again, anxiety of talking to people about my problems.
I am starting to get slightly better as well but I am just worried about starting school tomorrow and just being sent straight back into the loop.
I get how you feel and I really do wish you the best of luck. If you ever want anyone to relate to, just hit me up lol
Hey! Thanks for this it made me feel better knowing I’m not alone! I’m in year 13 so if you need any sixth form tips and also someone to talk to I’m always here too
sienna546
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I suffered from emetophobia suite severely in lockdown one, so much so to the point that I developed disordered eating habits-which I'm not going to get into now. All I'm gonna say is that it will get better and you're not alone. Try stick with the CBT, and I've found talking therapy really helps. I literally felt nauseous every single second of every single day, but it does get better and you will get through this
Thank you so much! I’ve been struggling to eat too but it’s been better during lockdown, I’m worried going back to school tho as I literally won’t eat a thing :/
If you need someone to talk too, I’m always here and happy to listen
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sienna546)
Thank you so much! I’ve been struggling to eat too but it’s been better during lockdown, I’m worried going back to school tho as I literally won’t eat a thing :/
If you need someone to talk too, I’m always here and happy to listen
Yep, it may be hard but we will get through this. Always here if you need a chat
Maisielytical
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
same applies here. If any of you ever need anything (ik I am probably the younger one here but still) I am here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (647)
48.43%
No (689)
51.57%

Watched Threads