The Student Room Group

is it desperate to ask people online if you're ugly/unattractive?

there are lots of forums like this and plenty of people do it especially like people who don't know how they actually look to others. I don't either, I have no real sense of how attractive or unattractive I am... do you think it's desperate or weird to ask whether people find you attractive or ugly?

Scroll to see replies

The real question is whether it's desperate to ask people online whether it's desperate to ask people online if you're ugly/unattractive.
Reply 2
Original post by -Imperator-
The real question is whether it's desperate to ask people online whether it's desperate to ask people online if you're ugly/unattractive.

It is an odd question, I don't deny it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
there are lots of forums like this and plenty of people do it especially like people who don't know how they actually look to others. I don't either, I have no real sense of how attractive or unattractive I am... do you think it's desperate or weird to ask whether people find you attractive or ugly?

A little bit...
Reply 4
Original post by jlggr4
A little bit...

but like how do you know whether you're ugly?
Reply 5
but like how do you know whether you're ugly?

I guess no one does?
Desperate, attention seeking, sad.
Reply 7
Yes. Random people online's opinions on your looks shouldnt matter to you.
Reply 8
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Yes. Random people online's opinions on your looks shouldnt matter to you.

why not though, random people is who you're gonna date anyway
It’s the worst idea
Yes it is
I know people who were recognised actually lol. But yeah, the honesty is important... like irl how r u ever gonna know?
Original post by Moonlight rain
It’s the worst idea

why do you say that?
Reply 13
why not though, random people is who you're gonna date anyway

Random people arent the ones looking in the mirror at you every morning. You shouldnt base your self worth on what others think.
Go on omegle if u wanna be hyped up :puke: wouldn't recommend it tho
why do you say that?

people on the internet are brutal and some will bully you and it will hurt your feelings. and even if everyone says you’re gorgeous, you will feel a little good but it won’t do anything for your self esteem in the long run
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Random people arent the ones looking in the mirror at you every morning. You shouldnt base your self worth on what others think.

I can't be objective with myself though and my taste isn't everyone's taste. And even if it were, I'm heterosexual and I struggle to even get what the opposite sex likes?
Classic fishing for comments :reel:
Go on omegle if u wanna be hyped up :puke: wouldn't recommend it tho

No I don't wanna, it's creepy AF. I'm a boy and this doesn't happen to us anyway.
Original post by Moonlight rain
people on the internet are brutal and some will bully you and it will hurt your feelings. and even if everyone says you’re gorgeous, you will feel a little good but it won’t do anything for your self esteem in the long run

I can agree with this... but here's the thing... whenever someone comments positively on my looks, I feel good for like a few hours max. BUT when they say something negative, it stays with me forever.

What's wrong with me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending