The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

General Uni questions and pgce

Hi there. I want to find out a bit more about Warwick uni, as i don't have time to wait until a post grad open day. What's Coventry like - is it full of chavs? (i don't know, i've never been there!) What is Earlsdon like to live (as that's where the PGCE department like their students to live)? What is the campus like?

Also, if anyone knows anything about the primary pgce it would be nice to know what it's like.
Reply 1
Anybody?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
campus wise, it's really very nice, when the new students union is built next year it will be even better.

there is always something to do on campus and it is a very much so contained uni.

i don't know so much about coventry but i have heard some nice things about earlsdon. although coventry looks a bit of a dump it's not THAT bad, and warwick campus more than makes up for it :smile:
Reply 3
Earlsdon isn't the prettiest of places on the whole, but it's nice enough and the commute into uni is relatively painless via the (direct) 12 bus or by car. I assume that's why they like you to live there rather than Leamington Spa.

You have Earlsdon High Street with a few shops (mmm Greggs), restaurants and a Wetherspoons on it; and you have the hoooge Hearsall Common (that I had many-a kickabout on), which was the very field that Sir Frank Whittle was inspired to become an engineer.

This sums it up quite nicely: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earlsdon,_Coventry

Cov itself is alright I guess. Bit chavvy but no more so than any other town. At least it actually has a good variety of decent shops, unlike my nearest town centre that pretty much nothing apart from a Woolworths, HMV and Halifax!
JohnnySPal
Earlsdon isn't the prettiest of places on the whole, but it's nice enough and the commute into uni is relatively painless (I assume that's why they like you to live there rather than Leamington).

You have Earlsdon High Street with a few shops (mmm Greggs), restaurants and a Wetherspoons on it; and you have the hoooge Hearsall Common that I had many-a kickabout on, which was the very field that Sir Frank Whittle was inspired to become an engineer.

This sums it up quite nicely: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earlsdon,_Coventry

Have you got a job yet?
Reply 5
Totally Tom
Have you got a job yet?

Aww dude you remembered :biggrin:

'faird not. I've kinda slacked off this week, and there really isn't a lot of stuff going about at the moment with the current economy. It's so competitive. Make sure you start looking for jobs at the start of your final year (and possibly internships too) so you increase your chances!
JohnnySPal
Aww dude you remembered :biggrin:

'faird not. I've kinda slacked off this week, and there really isn't a lot of stuff going about at the moment with the current economy. It's so competitive. Make sure you start looking for jobs at the start of your final year (and possibly internships too) so you increase your chances!

i wanna be a student 4 lyfe.

Latest