TomConnor96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone sorry this is long winded so i'm completely clueless i've done some research and can't seem to get the answer i'm looking for. I attended uni in 2014 and basically failed my 3rd year, I was allowed to resit the year again in which SFE supported another year of tuition. However I then failed my 3rd year again after my 2nd attempt so I didn't graduate. I've been looking at Open University as I know this can be done at home and online which would be best suited to me but would i be able to apply for student finance go support OU if they have already gave me 4 years tuition fee plus maintenance grant in the past for my previous failed attempt? I really want to give the uni experience another go!!! and I won't be able to fund this out of my own pocket even though i'm working. If anyone could point me in the right direction so i know my options and if i would be approved for a student loan from SFE. Thanks so much
Last edited by TomConnor96; 1 week ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TomConnor96)
Hi everyone sorry this is long winded so i'm completely clueless i've done some research and can't seem to get the answer i'm looking for. I attended uni in 2014 and basically failed my 3rd year, I was allowed to resit the year again in which SFE supported another year of tuition. However I then failed my 3rd year again after my 2nd attempt so I didn't graduate. I've been looking at Open University as I know this can be done at home and online which would be best suited to me but would i be able to apply for student finance go support OU if they have already gave me 4 years tuition fee plus maintenance grant in the past for my previous failed attempt? I really want to give the uni experience another go!!! and I won't be able to fund this out of my own pocket even though i'm working. If anyone could point me in the right direction so i know my options and if i would be approved for a student loan from SFE. Thanks so much
Hi Tom, was all your previous study full time? Did you ever receive a qualification for the time studied?
Thanks, Isaac
TomConnor96
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi Tom, was all your previous study full time? Did you ever receive a qualification for the time studied?
Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac,
My previous study was full time yes, and i passed both 1st and 2nd year and I think I received a pass for both of them years. Hope that helps
Thanks for replying
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Isaac,
My previous study was full time yes, and i passed both 1st and 2nd year and I think I received a pass for both of them years. Hope that helps
Thanks for replying
Did you receive a qualification?
Thanks, Isaac
TomConnor96
Rep:
?
Did you receive a qualification?
Thanks, Isaac
Hi Issac,
I received a certificate which stated a pass grade, I did not graduate or receive any other qualification only a PASS grade
Thanks Tom
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Issac,
I received a certificate which stated a pass grade, I did not graduate or receive any other qualification only a PASS grade
Thanks Tom
Was this a certificate in higher education? I advise you to ask the university if you did receive any qualification.
If you did receive a CertHE then it can affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
TomConnor96
Rep:
?
Was this a certificate in higher education? I advise you to ask the university if you did receive any qualification.
If you did receive a CertHE then it can affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
The certificate reads;Name:  image.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  141.2 KB
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The certificate reads;Name:  image.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  141.2 KB
As you have the diploma in higher education, you will be eligible to study at the Open University for a course as long as your course is a higher qualification. Therefore you should be eligible based on this.
Thanks, Isaac
TomConnor96
Rep:
?
As you have the diploma in higher education, you will be eligible to study at the Open University for a course as long as your course is a higher qualification. Therefore you should be eligible based on this.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you so much for your help Issac it’s much appreciated
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your help Issac it’s much appreciated
You're welcome, glad to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (73)
12.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (143)
24.16%
Live streaming events (51)
8.61%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.29%
A uni comparison tool (138)
23.31%
An in-person event when available (132)
22.3%