My Academic Ghost Train (warning: mentions of *CHEMISTRY*)

Watch
Maisielytical
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello fellow people who I have never met before yet am talking to anyway about my disaster that I call education.
I am typing form my attic cause why the hell not :cool:

My name is Maisie and I am a yr 12 student. I thought I might try to do one of these cause when life gives you student room, why not share you mental break downs.

I am meant to be writing up a plan for a magazine article rn because I am an IlLteRAtE and need practice but instead I find here writing whatever this might become.

Here we go I guess

GCSEs
Spoiler:
Show

Double Science: 9-9
History: 8
French, Art and Maths: 7
English Lit and Lang: 6
Textiles: 5

A-levels
Spoiler:
Show

Chemistry
Biology
Psychology
Core Maths

Random s*** cause why the hell not
Spoiler:
Show

I like to TRY and read but-
I watch a s*** ton of netflix
Master at procrastination and mental break downs
I don't have any friends so here I am
I want to be a vet so that is gonna be some really good content lol

If you guys want me to keep posting let me know if you want me to keep posting I guess and if you don't, well too bad. I got nothing else better to do.

Tags

pwk123
medicalsupernova
StarshineDiamond
Hellllpppp
Zainab1734
[size=3]WrenTheBest2004[/size]
[size=3]summerberry19[/size]
Last edited by Maisielytical; 1 day ago
pwk123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
this seems interesting and worthy of my procrastinating time
medicalsupernova
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maisielytical)
Hello fellow people who I have never met before yet am talking to anyway about my disaster that I call education.
I am typing form my attic cause why the hell not :cool:

My name is Maisie and I am a yr 12 student. I thought I might try to do one of these cause when life gives you student room, why not share you mental break downs.

I am meant to be writing up a plan for a magazine article rn because I am an IlLteRAtE and need practice but instead I find here writing whatever this might become.

Here we go I guess

GCSEs
Spoiler:
Show

Double Science: 9-9
History: 8
French, Art and Maths: 7
English Lit and Lang: 6
Textiles: 5

A-levels
Spoiler:
Show

Chemistry
Biology
Psychology
Core Maths

Random s*** cause why the hell not
Spoiler:
Show

I like to TRY and read but-
I watch a s*** ton of netflix
Master at procrastination and mental break downs
I don't have any friends so here I am
I want to be a vet so that is gonna be some really good content lol

If you guys want me to keep posting let me know if you want me to keep posting I guess and if you don't, well too bad. I got nothing else better to do.
Can I have a tag please?
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
Hehehe. First day of school in the bag and guess who already feels like they want to through themselves of a cliff
Woke up at 7 this morning cause sleep is overrated
Made a pint of iced coffee and stared into space until my first lesson at 9:50. We love that
Got through 2 LESSONS (lets pat ourselves on the back) until chemistry did me over but I held it in
Double psych last after a painfully excruciating lunch
Finally I climbed my way back to the cubby hole in the attic and had a mental breakdown (count no. 1).

As I am sat here contemplating my life choices, I can't help but think about that 2 people are actually interested in my insignificant life but yay for me. I have made it somewhere in the world.
If you would like me to post anything in particular, just comment down below and I will 'consider' you request (we all know I will do it anyway because I have nothing better to do)
Do not attack me if there are any language mistakes cause as I said, I am an iLLitErATe
If you just want to talk to me as well that would be nice I guess...
Last edited by Maisielytical; 1 week ago
pwk123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hehehe. First day of school in the bag and guess who already feels like they want to through themselves of a cliff
Woke up at 7 this morning cause sleep is overrated
Made a pint of iced coffee and stared into space until my first lesson at 9:50. We love that
Got through 2 LESSONS (lets pat ourselves on the back) until chemistry did me over but I held it in
Double psych last after a painfully excruciating lunch
Finally I climbed my way back to the cubby hole in the attic and had a mental breakdown (count no. 1).

As I am sat here contemplating my life choices, I can't help but think about that 2 people are actually interested in my insignificant life but yay for me. I have made it somewhere in the world.
If you would like me to post anything in particular, just comment down below and I will 'consider' you request (we all know I will do it anyway because I have nothing better to do)
Do not attack me if there are any language mistakes cause as I said, I am an iLLitErATe
If you just want to talk to me as well that would be nice I guess...
sees like a pretty standard day in lockdown !
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
(Original post by pwk123)
sees like a pretty standard day in lockdown !
I though I might try something different so after finishing my hw, I decided to have a mental breakdown in the ring cupboard (count no. 2) until my mother kicked me out. Now I am sat on my bed eating a tub off cookie dough and just wishing my life away lol
StarshineDiamond
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
can I be tagged? I am also very interested in this blog of yours :puppyeyes:
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
AYYYYY Day no. 2

I still have cookie dough left! My saving grace 🙌
Although if and when I finish this, I have no idea what I am going to do.
Who knew that your day can be so awful so quickly. Boy do I really hate chemistry.
The rest of the day was alright ... until I got to my second lesson of chemistry.
I accidentally fell asleep and missed some of the lesson. I blame a certain someone for keeping me up so late. I won't voluntarily go to sleep unless you tell me to.

I wish I had any interesting stories today apart from the fact that some random white dog came running into our house today and trampled mud all over our carpets.
Do I have any idea who's it was? No clue. Do I have any idea where it went? Not in the slightest. Might it have gotten run over by a car? Very possibly but more likely, kicked by either an Alpaca or Horse cause I heard a yelp. I hope its ok :confused:

Well I guess this brings us to the end of post 3
I you want me to write about anything specifically just comment
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
Post number 4 and I come on to my own blog and it tells me there has been a new post. I am obviously like oooo, who is it this time. Then you realise that is was your post from yesterday...

I thought today I am going to have a really productive day. I am going to get loads done and then I would have a lighter workload to think about buuuttt that went flying out the window. I fell asleep in my free today and missed part of my psych lesson. Lucky that we didn't have a lesson today and we were just doing a task or I would have been screwed. I ended having to do that class task along with my homework and that productive day that I thought I was gonna have, turned into a nap fast.
But I mean, who doesn't love a nap. Boy am I gonna miss it when I go back to school.

I would love to know what you think on the matter so comment down below!
And same as always, if you want to know about anything or me to talk about anything in specific, also let me no in the thread
I hope you all have a good day tomorrow!
StarshineDiamond
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Post number 4 and I come on to my own blog and it tells me there has been a new post. I am obviously like oooo, who is it this time. Then you realise that is was your post from yesterday...

I thought today I am going to have a really productive day. I am going to get loads done and then I would have a lighter workload to think about buuuttt that went flying out the window. I fell asleep in my free today and missed part of my psych lesson. Lucky that we didn't have a lesson today and we were just doing a task or I would have been screwed. I ended having to do that class task along with my homework and that productive day that I thought I was gonna have, turned into a nap fast.
But I mean, who doesn't love a nap. Boy am I gonna miss it when I go back to school.

I would love to know what you think on the matter so comment down below!
And same as always, if you want to know about anything or me to talk about anything in specific, also let me no in the thread
I hope you all have a good day tomorrow!
Ha ha ha, I relate so much to that first bit. I'm also going to miss sleeping when we go back to school - not only would I have to be waking up earlier, I can't even take a break when I want. I kind of relied on my PE lessons to take a break and do something else. I don't really have much to ask except how have you been finding revision? Do you have any hobbies? Who are your favourite artists? Oh also I'm planning to take psychology and chemistry at a-levels so how have you been finding it? Would I need to do anything to prepare beforehand?
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So obviously this is day 6 but only post 5 of my new blog. Let's just say yesterday was a hectic day.
Event 1: fell asleep in bio 1st lesson cause I couldn't't be bothered to get off my lazy behind and make an iced coffee
Event 2: I managed together through the rest of he day fairly well.It comes to the time when I need to start printing stuff off and my damn printer in my room wouldn't work so I spent an hour trying to fix it even though it never worked in the first place because I am a crappy installer and ended up just screaming at it and giving it a right whack (almost broke it but we all have our moments)
Event 3: Spent a whole hour and a half watching almost all of my lockdown life come out of the printer (a different one that my mum was using before I could get to it). It was fairly traumatic seeing how little else I had to do because of the piles on piles of paper (probably because my printer doesn't give me an option to print double sided but oh well)

But I have made it! It is Friday night of a fairly traumatic week and one more week until we have to go back to the hell hole that we call school that actually sounds appealing now that we have all been locked away for months going bat **** crazy (I promise I don't swear, it is just the expression. I am a good child of God).

You know, today has been pretty good cause I had two lessons and slept through one of them (hope my core maths teacher is not reading this. If you are, sorry but you always knew that I am just a lazy person). I just came off a zoom meeting with the Sixth Form Rotary Interact club at my school about setting up a RotarAct club early so that we can all continue on when we leave school (and be the rulers of the younger interact club muhahahahaha).

Do I need help to stop using brackets? Probably
As per always, we all have freedom of speech here unless you are here to tell me to shove off, then
SEE YA
Last edited by Maisielytical; 6 days ago
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
(Original post by StarshineDiamond)
Ha ha ha, I relate so much to that first bit. I'm also going to miss sleeping when we go back to school - not only would I have to be waking up earlier, I can't even take a break when I want. I kind of relied on my PE lessons to take a break and do something else. I don't really have much to ask except how have you been finding revision? Do you have any hobbies? Who are your favourite artists? Oh also I'm planning to take psychology and chemistry at a-levels so how have you been finding it? Would I need to do anything to prepare beforehand?
HI! Yay! Somebody actually listened to what I keep saying at the bottom of my posts (although there probably aren't many people reading them). I understand where you are coming from as we all need a break sometimes but lucky for me, I have frees for that and don't have to rely on PE cause lets just say, physical activity is not my thing unless I am going to work on the horse yard r the farm yard that I am volunteering at the moment at. If I am being completely honest with you, I haven't actually really done any proper revision since we stopped going to actual school cause I haven't needed too. I know that's really bad but I said that I was gonna be honest.
I am not much of a hobby person either but I love to read and watch netflix and I play the guitar although I am admittedly not very good at it, even though I have been playing for 7 years .I don't know how people do it. I guess you could call this blog now one of my hobbies too! Look at me being proactive! I don't really have a favourite artist either cause I am way too much of an indecisive person.
I love psychology and chemistry! Psychology being my favourite as it is so interesting and although their are essay questions involved, it is not actually that much writing. I probably over complicate things way too much. As for chemistry, again, I said I was being honest here, Although it is really interesting and enjoyable, it is really hard. So far this year, I have passed one test which obviously isn't bad because my year were behind last year as it was plus, I am fairly sure everyone in my class has maybe only failed once so I guess that is just me. This is what someone who was in middle set last year even though she got 99 in her double sciences only because of her physics and bio grades gets for taking it lol. But if you are prepared to do he work, you are gonna love it cause I love it too!
Tips to get ahead? Hm. Maybe around May last year I ordered he cap revision guides for the A levels that I was gonna take (make sure you get the right exam board although that probably doesn't't really matter too much). I just had a read of them. Not doing any work from them yet but just read them to get somewhat of an understanding for the we did come to study them when I got to 6th form, you understand the work better (plus get a bit of appraisal hehe). Another thing that you can do is just go onto the BBC website and listen to a show that I though was really good when I was about to start chemistry, it's called 'The Infinite Monkey Cage'. I really enjoyed this just on a Saturday night as it is pretty funny.
I hope everything I have said helps and if you would ever like to know about anything else just ask!
medicalsupernova
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
So obviously this is day 6 but only post 5 of my new blog. Let's just say yesterday was a hectic day.
Event 1: fell asleep in bio 1st lesson cause I couldn't't be bothered to get off my lazy behind and make an iced coffee
Event 2: I managed together through the rest of he day fairly well.It comes to the time when I need to start printing stuff off and my damn printer in my room wouldn't work so I spent an hour trying to fix it even though it never worked in the first place because I am a crappy installer and ended up just screaming at it and giving it a right whack (almost broke it but we all have our moments)
Event 3: Spent a whole hour and a half watching almost all of my lockdown life come out of the printer (a different one that my mum was using before I could get to it). It was fairly traumatic seeing how little else I had to do because of the piles on piles of paper (probably because my printer doesn't give me an option to print double sided but oh well)

But I have made it! It is Friday night of a fairly traumatic week and one more week until we have to go back to the hell hole that we call school that actually sounds appealing now that we have all been locked away for months going bat **** crazy (I promise I don't swear, it is just the expression. I am a good child of God).

You know, today has been pretty good cause I had two lessons and slept through one of them (hope my core maths teacher is not reading this. If you are, sorry but you always knew that I am just a lazy person). I just came off a zoom meeting with the Sixth Form Rotary Interact club at my school about setting up a RotarAct club early so that we can all continue on when we leave school (and be the rulers of the younger interact club muhahahahaha).

Do I need help to stop using brackets? Probably
As per always, we all have freedom of speech here unless you are here to tell me to shove off, then
SEE YA
What's the difference between core maths and maths? (I do bio,chem and maths)
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
(Original post by medicalsupernova)
What's the difference between core maths and maths? (I do bio,chem and maths)
First of all, wow I commend you. Second of all, Core maths is a level 3 qualification that is equal to an AS level in UCAS points. It has 4 compulsory sections and 3 optional sections on the AQA exam board. It likes to focus a lot more on the application of maths in real life compared to the more 'pure' maths that you have to remember stuff like equation for. It is more statistics and mechanics.
StarshineDiamond
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
HI! Yay! Somebody actually listened to what I keep saying at the bottom of my posts (although there probably aren't many people reading them). I understand where you are coming from as we all need a break sometimes but lucky for me, I have frees for that and don't have to rely on PE cause lets just say, physical activity is not my thing unless I am going to work on the horse yard r the farm yard that I am volunteering at the moment at. If I am being completely honest with you, I haven't actually really done any proper revision since we stopped going to actual school cause I haven't needed too. I know that's really bad but I said that I was gonna be honest.
I am not much of a hobby person either but I love to read and watch netflix and I play the guitar although I am admittedly not very good at it, even though I have been playing for 7 years .I don't know how people do it. I guess you could call this blog now one of my hobbies too! Look at me being proactive! I don't really have a favourite artist either cause I am way too much of an indecisive person.
I love psychology and chemistry! Psychology being my favourite as it is so interesting and although their are essay questions involved, it is not actually that much writing. I probably over complicate things way too much. As for chemistry, again, I said I was being honest here, Although it is really interesting and enjoyable, it is really hard. So far this year, I have passed one test which obviously isn't bad because my year were behind last year as it was plus, I am fairly sure everyone in my class has maybe only failed once so I guess that is just me. This is what someone who was in middle set last year even though she got 99 in her double sciences only because of her physics and bio grades gets for taking it lol. But if you are prepared to do he work, you are gonna love it cause I love it too!
Tips to get ahead? Hm. Maybe around May last year I ordered he cap revision guides for the A levels that I was gonna take (make sure you get the right exam board although that probably doesn't't really matter too much). I just had a read of them. Not doing any work from them yet but just read them to get somewhat of an understanding for the we did come to study them when I got to 6th form, you understand the work better (plus get a bit of appraisal hehe). Another thing that you can do is just go onto the BBC website and listen to a show that I though was really good when I was about to start chemistry, it's called 'The Infinite Monkey Cage'. I really enjoyed this just on a Saturday night as it is pretty funny.
I hope everything I have said helps and if you would ever like to know about anything else just ask!
Thank you, that was really helpful
medicalsupernova
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
First of all, wow I commend you. Second of all, Core maths is a level 3 qualification that is equal to an AS level in UCAS points. It has 4 compulsory sections and 3 optional sections on the AQA exam board. It likes to focus a lot more on the application of maths in real life compared to the more 'pure' maths that you have to remember stuff like equation for. It is more statistics and mechanics.
Ohhh okk. That's really cool (mechanics is just so hard for me :lol:) What are you thinking of doing at uni? And how have you found lockdown?
Last edited by medicalsupernova; 6 days ago
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
(Original post by medicalsupernova)
Ohhh okk. That's really cool (mechanics is just so hard for me :lol:) What are you thinking of doing at uni? And how have you found lockdown?
I get what you mean. It is even more difficult as when I have core maths, it is always the first lesson in the morning so getting through mechanics makes me want to cry haha. I actually would really like to study VetMed at either Bristol or Liverpool so definitely aiming high. Lockdown has actually been very hard for me due to the fact that I suffer with extreme anxiety so I just haven't even had much motivation do to anything simple never mind gong out and exercising. I have just about managed to go to almost every online lesson over lockdown (the others I blamed my wifi cause I just couldn't get out of bed). Although, it has been really good for preparing pre-vet uni work so wins and losses :laugh:
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Sorry it is so late but I have been having interesting conversations with random people all day on here haha.
I haven't actually really done anything today.
I walked the dog
I watched the Wales vs England rugby match and the Italy vs Ireland rugby match today and Wales and Ireland won their matches today. That was good.
I read one page of my book. I am so smart.
Otherwise it has been a day of talking about, school, alcohol, dodgy politicians and so much more.

See you tomorrow
StarshineDiamond
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Sorry it is so late but I have been having interesting conversations with random people all day on here haha.
I haven't actually really done anything today.
I walked the dog
I watched the Wales vs England rugby match and the Italy vs Ireland rugby match today and Wales and Ireland won their matches today. That was good.
I read one page of my book. I am so smart.
Otherwise it has been a day of talking about, school, alcohol, dodgy politicians and so much more.

See you tomorrow
oooo what book are you reading? Also same, I haven't really done much today but at least you had some decent conversations (I hope) and walked your dog. Meanwhile I'm here procrastinating on revising for my french exam ...
Maisielytical
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by StarshineDiamond)
oooo what book are you reading? Also same, I haven't really done much today but at least you had some decent conversations (I hope) and walked your dog. Meanwhile I'm here procrastinating on revising for my french exam ...
I have a severe processing problem so I don't really read books for my age so don't laugh at me but I am reading the 12th book of the Skulduggery Pleasant series. I have all of them except the 13th book and I don't think the 14th is out yet. I was kinda forced to walk the dog because I am apparently 'not getting enough exercise' nut oh well. I had a good old jam session in the woods, singing and dancing to songs through my earbuds as there was no one else there. I know I am weird, don't judge me.
Oooooo french. We do love a god old bit of french. I got a 7 at GCSE so if you ever want any advice, just ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.55%
Virtual campus tours/open days (98)
22.9%
Live streaming events (39)
9.11%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (40)
9.35%
A uni comparison tool (98)
22.9%
An in-person event when available (95)
22.2%