beckyjhesketh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
hiya I am looking at applying for accommodation through my unis website but the accommodations on there aren't very nice. Just wondering if it's safe and ok to apply for accommodation on those student accommodation websites.
Kat.02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sometimes there are private accommodation on the uni website or advertise but I would really look into it make sure that you are getting a good price with most things included such as water and electricity etc. It may be an idea to house share as well to spread the cost.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by beckyjhesketh)
hiya I am looking at applying for accommodation through my unis website but the accommodations on there aren't very nice. Just wondering if it's safe and ok to apply for accommodation on those student accommodation websites.
Hiya!

I would recommend emailing your university's student housing team. You can explain to them how you feel and then they can recommend some options to you.

Your university will have a mix of their own halls, but they may also partner up with external housing company's (such as my university partners with "Unite Students") and can recommend them. There will also be private halls of accommodation available.

By speaking with your housing team they can offer you your best options as they will know the accommodation better than anyone and make sure you make a safe decision

Best of luck! Sam- Official Student Rep
accommodationforstudents.com
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello,

Our website provides an extensive list of recommended accommodation options for students. There are a number of different options of private halls of residences available which often include facilities such as study spaces, cinema rooms and gyms. If you are interested, please check out our website here: https://www.accommodationforstudents.com/
Lshort17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just keep an eye out on the prices, discounts and rental periods as some may appear better but in reality may not be. Unite have not been great with the covid-19 rent free period so just be wary if this does last longer. You may be fine however. If you are unsure speak to the accom team at your uni they will help im sure. Im glad i went with uni owned ones as they had control over the situation and were quick to refund me during this new lockdown
Last edited by Lshort17; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (79)
11.99%
Virtual campus tours/open days (160)
24.28%
Live streaming events (52)
7.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
8.95%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (156)
23.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise