anxious thinking about the future

Watch
a_uzj1212
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, whenever i think about what im going to do after school, it makes me sick to the stomach. I have no clue what to study for a levels ( if i even get good grades to study them) and quite honestly, im freaked out on what to study after that or what career path to follow as nothing excites me.
Any advice for me? mental health or career advice wise?
neharaj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by a_uzj1212)
Hi, whenever i think about what im going to do after school, it makes me sick to the stomach. I have no clue what to study for a levels ( if i even get good grades to study them) and quite honestly, im freaked out on what to study after that or what career path to follow as nothing excites me.
That's 100% OK! look into career options, one website that might help is FastTomatos, it might sound silly but once logged in, you take a quiz which takes your responses in multiple scenarios to recommend hundreds of jobs, based on your personality! Try it out!
hillarious_cow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by a_uzj1212)
Hi,

Hope you are keeping well in these challenging times, that's perfectly normal to not be sure what to do at this point, if you are not sure either try and take a personality test or think about what you enjoy (there's always something that will be a combination of things that you enjoy.) If you are really not sure my advice would be take a levels that open doors rather than close them (facilitating subjects.) This will make sure that your options are as broad as possible even if they seem quite random.

In terms of mental health, my advice would be speak to a family member or a friend, a lot of people will share your experience and situation and so if you speak to people maybe you can come to more of an understanding that it is perfectly normal to have no idea what you are doing till much later on.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.46%
No (607)
50.54%

Watched Threads