my vagina is like... too tight

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
okay so i'm 18 and i can't fit anything up there. no fingers, tampons; nothing. i've 'examined' myself and there's barely a hole. just this super tight ring of muscle (sorry for that awful description) that i can't fit anything into.

at this point i'd be convinced i don't have a vagina but i get my period so it's definitely there.

i'm only asking for help because i'd really like to start using tampons, and plan on having sex with my boyfriend but i'm just too scared that he won't fit in there.

any advice is appreciated xxx
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Finger yourself! 🖕
marple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
okay so i'm 18 and i can't fit anything up there. no fingers, tampons; nothing. i've 'examined' myself and there's barely a hole. just this super tight ring of muscle (sorry for that awful description) that i can't fit anything into.

at this point i'd be convinced i don't have a vagina but i get my period so it's definitely there.

i'm only asking for help because i'd really like to start using tampons, and plan on having sex with my boyfriend but i'm just too scared that he won't fit in there.

Go and talk to your GP - this is more common than you might think. They will be used to this sort of thing and can examine/help. Request a woman GP.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago

Could you buy some lube and just use 1 finger and see if you can fit? I was like that too where i genuinely thought there was something wrong with me. I think the ring of muscle you're seeing is the hymen. So naturally it will be really tight.

Buy some lube, either in the shop or Amazon if you'd prefer. Use 1 finger.
If you do start to have sex with your boyfriend, it's probably best you use lube again. I had to use loads for my first time.

If it's any consolation, i'm 23 and still can't use tampons😂
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

When you describe the super tight ring of muscle, you aren't describing anything abnormal, you're describing the normal structure.

Having said that, there may be reasons why you are having particular difficulty, so I would advise making an appointment to speak to a GP (female if you wish) at your surgery.
Last edited by Kerzen; 6 days ago
username5632884
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Have you had sex yet?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

this is normal - this is in fact one of the things that Anne Frank wrote about in her private diary that was published to the world... vaginas are meant to be extremely tight when you are are not aroused, you need to relax
Lwexi12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
umm as weird as this sounds....just play w/ urself more....but only when your aroused
neal95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Rub yourself and slowly push one finger in and then keep doing it and then put another one in lol?
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by neal95)
Rub yourself and slowly push one finger in and then keep doing it and then put another one in lol?
You're a man. You don't know how it works. That is not easy to do at all for a first-timer.
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
Hey I had a similar experience to you when I was 18, it sounds like you might have vaginismus. At the time I thought it was so rare and like no one else my age experienced it but recently I have seen more awareness of it in the media. If you google it an NHS page will come up with more info . I know how alienating this can feel, please don't feel scared and communicate to your boyfriend how you are feeling beforehand. It's great you are starting to talk about it. Don't do anything you're not comfortable with and remember it shouldn't be painful xx
blackcurrantt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I have the exact same problem!! I'm hoping it's just a mental thing not a physical condition
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by blackcurrantt)
I have the exact same problem!! I'm hoping it's just a mental thing not a physical condition
Don't worry it is most likely entirely psychological! If it persists then you may need to have therapy or go through the exercises suggested by GP. Usually it is your body reflexively "protecting" you from penetration due to a subconscious fear or past psychological trauma. It can make you feel like you are not in control of your own body but please know it is 100% fixable. Another thing to mention for OP is to consider not having penetrative sex the first few times and to work up to this gradually at your own pace. Learning to enjoy sex without penetration will make you more confident. Wish school sex education programmes raised awareness of women's issues like this so we would know it was a normal thing to experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (529)
51.01%
No (508)
48.99%

Watched Threads