The Student Room Group

OCR A level Computer Science Programming Project deadline?

Hey guys!

So, our teacher is asking for the project on the 23rd February, and tbh, its not exactly finished, I have written everything ( analysis, design, evaluation etc ) it just needs to be read through again and I need to add a few things.

I wanted to ask when the project is actually due in? When are other people supposed to hand it in?
From what I was told, my teachers also want it in by around late February as they'll be marking the coursework, not the exam board. However I believe the official deadline for the coursework is until the end of the course, so your teacher could possibly extend it.
Original post by Toast210
From what I was told, my teachers also want it in by around late February as they'll be marking the coursework, not the exam board. However I believe the official deadline for the coursework is until the end of the course, so your teacher could possibly extend it.

Yeah our teacher told us the same sort of thing

Good luck on your coursework!
Reply 3
In a normal year, the completed project has to be handed in in time for the teacher to mark all the projects, for internal moderation to take place, for candidates to be given their mark and have the chance to appeal that mark and for the appeal to be heard, all before the marks are submitted to the exam board by 15 May for external moderation. 15 May seems ages away but the teacher's marking load has to be balanced against any other NEA/coursework that has to be marked by a similar deadline and their normal marking load.
Original post by Compost
In a normal year, the completed project has to be handed in in time for the teacher to mark all the projects, for internal moderation to take place, for candidates to be given their mark and have the chance to appeal that mark and for the appeal to be heard, all before the marks are submitted to the exam board by 15 May for external moderation. 15 May seems ages away but the teacher's marking load has to be balanced against any other NEA/coursework that has to be marked by a similar deadline and their normal marking load.

Yeah I get that:smile: well, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest