Partners details for student finance

Watch
Bekkasaurus_rex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Ok long story short I have never had anyone in my life go to university so I'm very much new to this. I really need sfe to answer a huge question i have.

I have been independent since 20y (now 26) as i was kicked out (grew up in cult and finally escaped). I've supported myself financially the whole time and now live with my boyfriend. BUT I pay him rent and we have a lodgers agreement written up.

As we do not share finances does his income have to be considered for my finance application.
We keep our money as our own as he has worked hard for his and spends it on his hobbies and the house he bought before I came along. I have always lived within my means without any financial support from others so I argue that my income alone should be considered. Am I wrong?
Whoanon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi I wouldn’t like to say 100%, have you tried messaging student finance directly? They’re usually pretty quick at replying on Twitter
Stephb1502
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you’re over 25 and living with him they will take his income into account
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
as above - if living together his income is taken into the calculation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (475)
51.86%
No (441)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed