Watch
Uncle Scrooge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I thought not, but why?

Yes, I anticipated your answers.

I know I could have used Google, but I was curious about what others had to say.
Last edited by Uncle Scrooge; 3 days ago
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
LovelyMrFox
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
They do have some i think. Although, i think the reason why they generally don't is because they tested them initially when roads were a new thing and they didn't work as people used them incorrectly.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Yes.
Uncle Scrooge
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Yes.
Whereabouts? Such as which city? I know, I could use Google, I have heard it a million times.
jackmarshal757
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Yes it does, but they apparently don’t know how to use them, hence the many funny videos of American drivers flying over them, driving straight through or simply being dumb on them
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 days ago
Yes.
why? roundabouts are the devil.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Uncle Scrooge)
Whereabouts? Such as which city? I know, I could use Google, I have heard it a million times.
Most towns and cities Ive been to have one or two...
As jackmarshal said, most Americans dont know how to use them properly.
Uncle Scrooge
Rep:
?
Great.
QG3.2.228
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Real live American here. We do indeed have roundabouts! However, they are usually only in larger cities, and they aren’t anywhere near as elaborate as European roundabouts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a US one with more than four exits or two lanes (granted, I don’t travel much). In general, I think they’re still a developing phenomenon here, while Europe has used them for a while. That’s probably why Americans get confused by them...we don’t have a ton of experience. Any other misperceptions I can clear up for you?
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Not very many, usually simple ones in high traffic places with pre-planned streets. And we fail at using them anyways
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
No. U.S Americans don't know how to drive except for automatics, don't know how to use roundabouts and would just get confused by it. The only thing they are good for is guns and invading other countries.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 2 days ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I did not know you were a U.S American. You have my deepest sympathies.
essierei
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
it depends on the state/city! i live in colorado, and roundabouts are quite common. there are a couple coming off of highways in denver and a bunch of them in the lil ski towns like vail, aspen, copper, frisco, and breckenridge! i learned how to use them when i got my permit, like most colorado teens. i can't speak much for southern colorado or other states, but that's our circumstance!

funny story actually; the first time i drove at night was the same night as oktoberfest in breckenridge. the first time i went around the roundabout to go into town, it was fine, nothing bad happened. on my way out of town, i took the roundabout a little to close and ended up hitting the curb! it was not a fun experience, but was a great learning experience!
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Very rare, they exist but not common. America loves intersections and you can turn right on red in the states (equivalent to the left in the UK).

Most roads are very large and straight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (393)
32.24%
No (826)
67.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed