Revision for ‘GCSES’ and sorting my grades

Watch
mia_cb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, I’m looking some advice on how i should do some revision. It takes me normally quite a long time to revise things and cover everything and i normally don’t finish in time, so as no one really knows what’s happening with the kind of assessments GCSE students will take this year i think it’s a good time for me to start. I have a plan which includes half an hour of some subjects a night but i just do know what to do or how to do it. I feel like it’s too late and I know that i really don’t know a lot of the content so every time i sit down to do it i just get really stressed and start worrying more and more until i can’t face it and stop with out having actually done anything. The uncertainty of what’s on isn’t great and nor is my mental health i think so i’m really looking for some advice on what I should do now, i am also worried about my grades as they aren’t as good as they should be. So any advice or help would be much appreciated, thanks !
CJField
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLnPbIffxE&t=7s
kiraaaaaxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yh same i am in your situation an im acc scared but just try ur best thats what u have to do uno but try and revise and see ir it works idk but good luck....
CJField
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Don't make notes - its ineffective. Do revision in which your brain has to work to recall the information e.g. questions. Especially for GCSE, all I would recommend is tons of practice paper questions. If you insist on making notes, something I like to do I try and write everything I can remember about the topic without the textbook, then check it after to fill in anything miss - that way im not passively copying down things and am actively recalling it.
AA..
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by mia_cb)
Hi, I’m looking some advice on how i should do some revision. It takes me normally quite a long time to revise things and cover everything and i normally don’t finish in time, so as no one really knows what’s happening with the kind of assessments GCSE students will take this year i think it’s a good time for me to start. I have a plan which includes half an hour of some subjects a night but i just do know what to do or how to do it. I feel like it’s too late and I know that i really don’t know a lot of the content so every time i sit down to do it i just get really stressed and start worrying more and more until i can’t face it and stop with out having actually done anything. The uncertainty of what’s on isn’t great and nor is my mental health i think so i’m really looking for some advice on what I should do now, i am also worried about my grades as they aren’t as good as they should be. So any advice or help would be much appreciated, thanks !
(Original post by CJField)
Don't make notes - its ineffective. Do revision in which your brain has to work to recall the information e.g. questions. Especially for GCSE, all I would recommend is tons of practice paper questions. If you insist on making notes, something I like to do I try and write everything I can remember about the topic without the textbook, then check it after to fill in anything miss - that way im not passively copying down things and am actively recalling it.
As they said, I wouldn't suggest making notes either, because it would take too long, and you wouldn't have time to actually use them properly. A really good website that helps me is Seneca. Just go through the main course of each subject, and if you want, you could make flashcards, or buy the CGP ones - they're quite good.
I hope this helps.
mia_cb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by AA..)
As they said, I wouldn't suggest making notes either, because it would take too long, and you wouldn't have time to actually use them properly. A really good website that helps me is Seneca. Just go through the main course of each subject, and if you want, you could make flashcards, or buy the CGP ones - they're quite good.
I hope this helps.
thank you both responses helped a lot. I agree with not making notes. I think maybe what i’ll do then is try and go through the courses on Seneca and then start in past paper questions. thank you
AA..
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by mia_cb)
thank you both responses helped a lot. I agree with not making notes. I think maybe what i’ll do then is try and go through the courses on Seneca and then start in past paper questions. thank you
that's great. your welcome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.77%
No (449)
48.23%

Watched Threads