Is this a sign i should eat more?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve been in a calorie deficit for 4 months and have lost weight but i also poop (for lack for a better word lol) way less frequently and i’m usually quite constipated (before calorie deficit used to be daily & regular lmao but i didn’t exercise and i ate like trash, now i exercise 6x a week and have a p balanced diet but tbh i could eat more carbs), i also haven’t had my period for a few months. my calorie deficit was only a 500-700calorie reduction but a few days ago i made the reduction lower by -400calories and i had a normal bowel movement for once! i’m trying to resist the urge to restrict back to -500(or less) because i am now in a healthy weight range and i don’t need to loose that much more weight. so yeah is this a sign that having a less aggressive calorie deficit is better for me?

P.S IM NOT EATING 400-700 CALORIES A DAY, i’m having that much LESS than my TDEE
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Yes.
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How old are you? Generally if you're missing your periods that's a BIG warning sign that you're hurting your body
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PollyParrot23)
How old are you? Generally if you're missing your periods that's a BIG warning sign that you're hurting your body
i’m 18, it’s only been 2 months so it’s not really classed as a cause for concern right? also i’m in yr 13 so alevel stress probably contributed to it
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i’m 18, it’s only been 2 months so it’s not really classed as a cause for concern right? also i’m in yr 13 so alevel stress probably contributed to it
I'd still say it's not a great sign regardless- if you're stressed enough to cause missed periods then that's also not good! Hope you're doing okay Were your periods regular before? If you miss a third it may be worth speaking to a doctor (that's the NHS recommendation btw- 3 or more missed periods is when they say to see a doctor).
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PollyParrot23)
I'd still say it's not a great sign regardless- if you're stressed enough to cause missed periods then that's also not good! Hope you're doing okay Were your periods regular before? If you miss a third it may be worth speaking to a doctor (that's the NHS recommendation btw- 3 or more missed periods is when they say to see a doctor).
you too yes they were regular before, i guess i’ll see in march if i get it and if i don’t i’ll tell my GP thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.14%
No (619)
50.86%

Watched Threads