Girlfriend wants sex but is scared of getting pregnant

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
To start off I am not like half the virgins on here, who want to lose there virginity asap, i can wait its fine.

Basically, my girlfriend (16) asked me when did I think we was going to have sex, I was taken aback so I can't remember what I mumbled (think it was along the lines of no idea), and then she said she wants to but is scared of getting pregnant (the condom tearing etc.)

How do I convince her that if we take all the precautions, (condom, pulling out, MAP) there is quite a low chance of that happening. Or do I just let her figure it out in her own time?

Any response is helpful
JohnB1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi there. It's great that you're not rushing into this, and considering things carefully. Remember that it needs to be the right time for you both, so don't feel pressured into having sex if you're not ready too. There are lots of NHS pages on contraception, and advice on here too (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/lif...ost-everything). Look at the evidence together and see what you are happy with. If you decide on condoms, practice using them yourself first so that you are confident when the time is right. Take care and stay safe.
Last edited by JohnB1; 6 days ago
jlggr4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
To start off I am not like half the virgins on here, who want to lose there virginity asap, i can wait its fine.

Basically, my girlfriend (16) asked me when did I think we was going to have sex, I was taken aback so I can't remember what I mumbled (think it was along the lines of no idea), and then she said she wants to but is scared of getting pregnant (the condom tearing etc.)

How do I convince her that if we take all the precautions, (condom, pulling out, MAP) there is quite a low chance of that happening. Or do I just let her figure it out in her own time?

Any response is helpful
It is very easy and discrete to go on the pill so that is an option (it takes a few weeks to be protected) but definitely don't rush and use a condom no matter what
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (507)
51.26%
No (482)
48.74%

Watched Threads