Can a 18 year old girl can marry a 26 year old man

Watch
Anonymous #4
Report 3 days ago
its legal but a bit dodge ngl..... 18 and 26 are at v different stages in life and depending on how long you've been dating its Very dodgy- if you were a minor aged 16/17 dating a 24/25 year old it doesnt rly sit right idk
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
At 18 she can do whatever she wants.

although I would tell every 18 year old to go live a little before making such a commitment.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
An 18 year old can marry anyone she likes so long as:

- neither of them are already married
- the other person is not a sibling, parent, child, uncle or aunt, niece or nephew
- they are not the child/parent of an ex. If you want to marry your ex-husband's child or parent, you have to be 21, and there's something about someone having to be dead, but I don't quite remember that bit.
Pooja46
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by CatGentleman)
Families have no say or should have no say in this. My only concern for the 18 year old is whether they really understand what it means to be married, it requires a lot of sacrifices and effort. But tbh 26 year olds, 36 year olds, 46 year olds get into marriages without knowing what it actually requires of them to work. So age is irrelevant in the end, just make sure you realise what you're getting into. Both for the 18 year old and the 26 year old. Age really is just a number.
Yes I agree with you that age is just an number.
emj.j
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Pooja46)
Can a 18 year old girl can marry a 26 year old man?
Hey! Legally, yes. If this is an arranged marriage and you really don't want to do it, I think you should just talk to your parents, and try to get them to see reason. Talking to the guy might help too. Good luck <3
firemyst
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Pooja46)
Can a 18 year old girl can marry a 26 year old man?
Yes, but why would you?

You haven't grown up yet, or experienced anything. At least wait until YOU are 26 before marrying.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
Is this person asking the question asking for themselves? Cause these are more than enough answers telling them it’s legal ..
bbbonbon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Why not?
jamiee2004
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
You can but it’s a bit dodgy cos boys that are so much older than you usually have bad intentions
FTheOpps
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Legal but ****ed up, dont see how everything is suddenly okay when an individual turns 18
neal95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
OP, please consider everybody’s answers, not just the ones that agree with the position you want to take! A mature decision would be one in which each answer is considered and thought of before coming up with a balanced approach.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (147)
52.13%
No (135)
47.87%

Watched Threads