Accommodation if insurance choice

Watch this thread
Dawn bridges
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi - do we still need to choose accommodation preferences for York if it is our insurance uni? I’m fairly sure I will actually be firming it but just in case I do put it as insurance is like to know. Thanks.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
i think you can only choose accomodation if its ur firm
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dawn bridges)
Hi - do we still need to choose accommodation preferences for York if it is our insurance uni? I’m fairly sure I will actually be firming it but just in case I do put it as insurance is like to know. Thanks.
Hi Dawn bridges
We're glad to hear that you are choosing the University of York for either of your choices! The short answer is...Yes! Whether we're your firm or insurance choice, you're guaranteed an offer of a room in accommodation owned, managed or approved by the University if you apply for accommodation at least two weeks prior to A level results day 2021.
Due to a Department of Education review of the date for results to be released in 2021, we advise students to apply as soon as possible and to keep checking our website where we will publish an exact date once it has been confirmed.
You're not committed anything until you accept a room offer from us and by that point you'll know which of your choices you'd like to attend.

Hope that helps!
Dan - Access and Outreach Graduate Coordinator
Dawn bridges
Rep:
(Original post by University of York)
Hi Dawn bridges
We're glad to hear that you are choosing the University of York for either of your choices! The short answer is...Yes! Whether we're your firm or insurance choice, you're guaranteed an offer of a room in accommodation owned, managed or approved by the University if you apply for accommodation at least two weeks prior to A level results day 2021.
Due to a Department of Education review of the date for results to be released in 2021, we advise students to apply as soon as possible and to keep checking our website where we will publish an exact date once it has been confirmed.
You're not committed anything until you accept a room offer from us and by that point you'll know which of your choices you'd like to attend.

Hope that helps!
Dan - Access and Outreach Graduate Coordinator
Thanks ever so much !! What’s frustrating is that I am still waiting to hear back from Durham and, until I do, I can’t firm or insure York - and until I’ve actually firmed or insured York on UCAS, the system doesn’t let me choose my York accommodation preferences (I’ve tried to submit my preferences but won’t let me) - so until I hear back from Durham, I feel like every day I delay completing my York accommodation choices, I’m falling further behind in the ‘queue’ for what room type I’d like etc ... 😰
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Thanks ever so much !! What’s frustrating is that I am still waiting to hear back from Durham and, until I do, I can’t firm or insure York - and until I’ve actually firmed or insured York on UCAS, the system doesn’t let me choose my York accommodation preferences (I’ve tried to submit my preferences but won’t let me) - so until I hear back from Durham, I feel like every day I delay completing my York accommodation choices, I’m falling further behind in the ‘queue’ for what room type I’d like etc ... 😰
If you don't want to firm/insure Durham you can just withdraw
Dawn bridges
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you don't want to firm/insure Durham you can just withdraw
I am either going to firm or insure Durham though ... that’s the thing ...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I am either going to firm or insure Durham though ... that’s the thing ...
That's really frustrating then, I'm in the same position atm (with the same unis as well!).
AveriNova
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
dont worry honestly, York purposefully opens their accom applications super early, before most Unis have even replied, to try and rush people into picking them - it's basically a tactic to make people withdraw applications.
It's been about 4 weeks since applications opened, look at your room preferences and see how many rooms are said to be available - think to yourself realistically have all these rooms already been filled? the answer is most likely not since there are multiple colleges with multiple room types
IDK what ur preferences are but if you're looking at east campus colleges, these are normally the last to become completely full (especially constantine and goodricke)
For West campus all I know is Vanbrugh is normally the first to fill up
Dawn bridges
Rep:
(Original post by AveriNova)
dont worry honestly, York purposefully opens their accom applications super early, before most Unis have even replied, to try and rush people into picking them - it's basically a tactic to make people withdraw applications.
It's been about 4 weeks since applications opened, look at your room preferences and see how many rooms are said to be available - think to yourself realistically have all these rooms already been filled? the answer is most likely not since there are multiple colleges with multiple room types
IDK what ur preferences are but if you're looking at east campus colleges, these are normally the last to become completely full (especially constantine and goodricke)
For West campus all I know is Vanbrugh is normally the first to fill up
Vanbrugh was my first choice 😂🙈🙈🙈🙈
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads