Studying in Manchester from London

Watch
fenton484
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I live just outside London right now, but have spent my whole life in and around the city. My top uni choice is in Manchester. I applied for UCL, but got rejected as apparently my personal statement wasn't good enough or something like that. If I went to UCL or a London uni, I'd either live at home, or move further into London. I've been to Manchester once, and I didn't particuarly like it, but I don't think i saw that much of it. I just feel like it will be a big culture shock, as whenever I speak to someone from the north of England, it seems like a different country up there. I know its cheaper, but the weather in the Northwest seems cr*p, the accent gets on my nerves, and Manchester still feels too small for me. My other choices are Birmingham, Nottingham, and UEA (Norwich). I like Norwich, but its tiny as a city. I've never been to Nottingham. Never been to Birmingham either. How have Londoners found it studying in other cities?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (79)
11.99%
Virtual campus tours/open days (160)
24.28%
Live streaming events (52)
7.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
8.95%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (156)
23.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise