The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil in Management 2021-2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThePurpleK
Doubt that it isn't or is a rejection? Same boat as you!

Thanks buddy, keep faith and carry on....
Original post by GavinDetroit
"Applications are considered in stages as part of a gathered field and the earliest decisions on applications can be expected in January 2021, with the majority of decisions finalised in May 2021 after all received applications have been considered by the admissions committee of the MPhil in Management programme." - https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/directory/bmjbmpmgt/apply

I got this from the course's entry in the postgraduate course directory. Looks like we may be waiting until May. I did email them to ask about how the applications were progressing but didn't get any reply. The waiting is stresssssful

Thanks for emailing! Could you let us know when you eventually get a reply? That would be super cool!
Did anyone get any news about the application results?
applied in end of dec and just got rejected on the portal
it was expected since I didn't even apply with 1st
Ditto -- rejection!
Were you coming from top UK Uni?
Do you think the first year year grade count a lot?
Original post by Python1998
Were you coming from top UK Uni?
Do you think the first year year grade count a lot?

I can't say much of first year grades, but I felt I had a strong profile: 1:1 in Computing at Imperial College, multiple internships at FAANG and significant volunteering/leadership experience. Career prospects are to bridge my background with business management, but not directly going into the consulting world, which I suppose may be the main disadvantaging factor in my application.
Yes I got you, do you think that I should have written (in the reasons for applying) that I wanted to work in consulting to have more chances to get in?
Yes I got you, do you think that I should have written (in the reasons for applying) that I wanted to work in consulting to have more chances to get in?

It's hard to say! Every application is reviewed on its own merit, so there could be numerous reasons. It's too late to speculate in my mind, but once the admissions season is over, you could always email the admissions department to see if they can provide feedback!
Original post by one23456
applied in end of dec and just got rejected on the portal
it was expected since I didn't even apply with 1st

I just got rejection as well. I guess it is due to lack of internship experience.
Just got my rejection as well. Good luck to the others and congratulations to those that got in!
Would you mind telling when you’ve applied?. I applied before the Feb deadline and still under review by the department.
Original post by LookingForGrad
Just got my rejection as well. Good luck to the others and congratulations to those that got in!
Original post by Keerthi37
Would you mind telling when you’ve applied?. I applied before the Feb deadline and still under review by the department.

I applied very late, I think I submitted on the last day (Feb 25)
Okay, thank you for the update.
Original post by LookingForGrad
I applied very late, I think I submitted on the last day (Feb 25)
Original post by wishthebestjo
I just got rejection as well. I guess it is due to lack of internship experience.

I got a rejection as well unfortunately, but had quite extensive professional experience (two internships at consulting firms and work experience at a bank) + a strong 1st on my degree, so honestly not sure what they were looking for.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on a reply!
Rejection for me too. Kind of gutted because I thought my chances were decent but we move. Seems like it was an absolute cull this week
What did you guys write in the "Additional Information to support Application"? I have just left it blank...
What did you guys write in the "Additional Information to support Application"? I have just left it blank...

I simply spoke about how the pandemic affected the grading system in my college because we had a credit-no credit policy that was put into place.
Were you able to get in?
Were you able to get in?

still under review. I submitted pretty late (24th feb)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending