Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey, so I'm going to uni in September and I was curious to find out the best way to take notes? Throughout A-Levels my notes were always handwritten and stored in lever-arch folders with dividers for the topics. However, I know that there a numerous modules per semester/year. If you hand wrote your notes, how did you store and organise them? If you typed them, were there any pros and cons??

Thank you in advance!
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Great tip I got from this very website about taking notes actually, that is to use dictation on Drive or Word when you watch the lecture online then just to edit/condense what you have, that way when you're in lectures you can actually focus on what he's saying rather than writing it all down without absorbing any of it.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi there,

I would definitely recommend getting a laptop / electrical device to take notes on It's so much easier as you're able to type a lot faster, everything looks much neater, and you're able to chop & change things when you come back to your notes for revision. I do everything on my laptop, and find this super easy and really efficient. But, my boyfriend does have an Ipad which he takes all of his notes on, and he loves that - so I think it's definitely personal preference. My advice would be to have a little experiment and see which method works best for you

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (79)
11.99%
Virtual campus tours/open days (160)
24.28%
Live streaming events (52)
7.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
8.95%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (156)
23.67%