i’m 20 and haven’t grown up

Watch
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i’m getting a job before marriage and growing up first, that person knows how to do everything I don’t.
Go do your Maths and English GCSE and do Access to Higher Education Level 3 Diploma to go to university. Get a job then.

You can then marry at 24 or 25 years.

Marriage is not that important anyway. Marriage is just sex and they can get sex without marriage nowadays. Men are spoilt and easily leave you, especially after they get sex.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
That is bad because he might leave her and she will be unemployed and financially doing badly with 2 or 3 or 4 kids.
shes still living with her dad and 2 elder brothers, shes the only girl hence why shes living at home for now
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Yeah that's good idea. Get financially independant first, marriages never end well nowadays anyway. Most likely be a divorce within the same year. At least if you got a job it's something to fall back on.
Marriage is overrated. It is sex and men can get sex without marriage anyway. So it will end in divorce most cases.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Marriage is overrated. It is sex and men can get sex without marriage anyway. So it will end in divorce most cases.
Yeah I agree... marriage is overrated and sucks.
Anonymous #1
Go do your Maths and English GCSE and do Access to Higher Education Level 3 Diploma to go to university. Get a job then.

You can then marry at 24 or 25 years.

Marriage is not that important anyway. Marriage is just sex and they can get sex without marriage nowadays. Men are spoilt and easily leave you, especially after they get sex.
I got my English and maths. I can’t study anymore because I have a neurological disorder affecting my ability to be taught, so I would rather work my way up to a good job.

You can’t have sex before marriage in Islam.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Yeah I agree... marriage is overrated and sucks.
Marriage is honestly pointless. I am a woman, I want to finish my studies and work full time. Why do people want to marry? I might marry for my parents sake or to have children but not because I like it.

I want sex but rarely anyway and I don't need marriage for that. I can do it in private, no one needs to know.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
I got my English and maths. I can’t study anymore because I have a neurological disorder affecting my ability to be taught, so I would rather work my way up to a good job.

So you can't study? Are you on medication? Which medications?

Tbh, if you learn how to cook and clean and make sure to know how to deal with men and look after your looks, consider getting married if you think you can't get a job or university.

But I doubt you will get a job without qualifications. There is too much competition.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
Most of your muslim men are having sex before and without marriage. That is why they don't give a f!ck about their wives and treat them badly because they already getting sex from more attractive women.
Anonymous #1

Tbh, if you learn how to cook and clean and make sure to know how to deal with men and look after your looks, consider getting married if you think you can't get a job or university.

But I doubt you will get a job without qualifications. There is too much competition.
I was on amitriptyline for sleep and depression. I have something else also which is causing memory issues but I do not want to say.

I can get a job, just can’t go to university. University doesn’t guarantee a high end job anyway, my sister got it and shes a cashier in iceland. I have GCSEs and an AS level, I was hoping to look at an alternative to university and do an apprenticeship and work my way up that way to become a lawyer or something, thats still a high paid job but an apprenticeship might be an easier route rather than uni, snd requires minimally studying.
Anonymous #1

jobs look at experience not just qualifications.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
I was on amitriptyline for sleep and depression. I have something else also which is causing memory issues but I do not want to say.

I can get a job, just can’t go to university. University doesn’t guarantee a high end job anyway, my sister got it and shes a cashier in iceland. I have GCSEs and an AS level, I was hoping to look at an alternative to university and do an apprenticeship and work my way up that way to become a lawyer or something, thats still a high paid job but an apprenticeship might be an easier route rather than uni, snd requires minimally studying.
What subject did you sister study at university? How come did she not find any skilled or academic job?

Sorry but I think it is hard to get an apprenticeship to be a lawyer as a Bangladeshi or Pakistani woman. Honestly even white british people would struggle to get that unless they have a outstanding record. Idk I could be wrong though.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
jobs look at experience not just qualifications.
You have work experience? That will make it easier of course
Anonymous #1
What subject did you sister study at university? How come did she not find any skilled or academic job?

Sorry but I think it is hard to get an apprenticeship to be a lawyer as a Bangladeshi or Pakistani woman. Honestly even white british people would struggle to get that unless they have a outstanding record. Idk I could be wrong though.
she studied business and marketing at uni. An academic job is not guaranteed after uni all the time. Same with my brother in law, he studied business and is a security guard earning 1k an hour so still a lot, obviously now made redundant due to the coronavirus so he is now looking at other jobs.

Forget lawyer then, something else and I am sure with an apprenticeship so getting experience as well as qualifications I can still get a top job, with an apprenticeship it might be more guaranteed to get a high end job.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
she studied business and marketing at uni. An academic job is not guaranteed after uni all the time. Same with my brother in law, he studied business and is a security guard earning 1k an hour so still a lot, obviously now made redundant due to the coronavirus so he is now looking at other jobs.

Forget lawyer then, something else and I am sure with an apprenticeship so getting experience as well as qualifications I can still get a top job, with an apprenticeship it might be more guaranteed to get a high end job.
Why did your sister not apply to work in a bank? Or a business advisor? Or do a teacher qualification and work as a business teacher??

You are actually smart and mature sis, you sound your age. Maybe your parents say you haven't grown up, because of your depression or because in asian households, they always want the girls and women to cook and clean and look after and do everything.
Anonymous #1
Why did your sister not apply to work in a bank? Or a business advisor? Or do a teacher qualification and work as a business teacher??

You are actually smart and mature sis, you sound your age. Maybe your parents say you haven't grown up, because of your depression or because in asian households, they always want the girls and women to cook and clean and look after and do everything.
I guess my teacher couldn’t find any, as I said a high paid job isn’t always guaranteed with uni. She used to answer telephone calls before at BT.

I haven’t actually grown up because I still don’t do many things many people my age do, like go out independently, personal hygiene etc due to depression. Some tasks are very hard like going out independently is hard. I am also not mentally mature because I tend to worry about myself only and say if I don’t get my way I won’t do this, or people imply I am selfish and there are worse people than me. That to me is still immature. I don’t even look 20 I look 10 as I am 4 ft 8.
Anonymous #1

*sister
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
You can, if you are a man and the woman is your slave or captive.
If you are a woman, you need to be the slave or captive of a Muslim man.
So not ideal, but it is permitted.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by QE2)
You can, if you are a man and the woman is your slave or captive.
If you are a woman, you need to be the slave or captive of a Muslim man.
So not ideal, but it is permitted.
Muslim men get away with it too. They can have as much sex as they want. Many Muslim men are not loyal to their wives also

So yes. That is why marriage is patriarchal BS
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
I guess my teacher couldn’t find any, as I said a high paid job isn’t always guaranteed with uni. She used to answer telephone calls before at BT.

I haven’t actually grown up because I still don’t do many things many people my age do, like go out independently, personal hygiene etc due to depression. Some tasks are very hard like going out independently is hard. I am also not mentally mature because I tend to worry about myself only and say if I don’t get my way I won’t do this, or people imply I am selfish and there are worse people than me. That to me is still immature. I don’t even look 20 I look 10 as I am 4 ft 8.
Oh that is sad that your sister did not find a high paying job and works at Iceland. But even jobs at Iceland look at qualifications.
Hygiene is easy, take a shower, wear some bb cream, straighten your hair. Just look after yourself.

How are you realistically going to find a husband at 4 ft 8 though? Are you pretty what does your face or body shape look like?

He will marry you for British passport and then dump you after months or years after he gets his residency status
Anonymous #1
Oh that is sad that your sister did not find a high paying job and works at Iceland. But even jobs at Iceland look at qualifications.
Hygiene is easy, take a shower, wear some bb cream, straighten your hair. Just look after yourself.

How are you realistically going to find a husband at 4 ft 8 though? Are you pretty what does your face or body shape look like?

He will marry you for British passport and then dump you after months or years after he gets his residency status
nothing you can do about height, and who says I will automatically end up marrying a person from bangladesh?

I would say I am cute and look like a baby. My body is 100% bone, no bum, tiny boobs due to a condition I was born with, no fat on arms or legs etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (145)
51.79%
No (135)
48.21%

Watched Threads