i’m 20 and haven’t grown up

Watch
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
nothing you can do about height, and who says I will automatically end up marrying a person from bangladesh?

I would say I am cute and look like a baby. My body is 100% bone, no bum, tiny boobs due to a condition I was born with, no fat on arms or legs etc.
What is other options for marriage? White British or European man? Would your parents accept you to marry a Christian or Atheist?

Or another muslim like south asians or arab? Or black?

If you are cute and pretty, then see what you can find.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
What is other options for marriage? White British or European man? Would your parents accept you to marry a Christian or Atheist?

Or another muslim like south asians or arab? Or black?

If you are cute and pretty, then see what you can find.
realistically I don’t think I will get married so the fact that I am short doesn’t matter. The reason is because of the constant health issues and extreme weakness.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
realistically I don’t think I will get married so the fact that I am short doesn’t matter. The reason is because of the constant health issues and extreme weakness.
Oh ok. But why don't you ask the GP for stronger medication then?

Do your parents want you to get married ? Or not?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
studying makes me ill.

I know 1 person who got 0 GCSEs, she got married to someone from bangladesh and is having a child at 19.
Is this something to aspire to?

I was on amitriptyline for sleep and depression. I have something else also which is causing memory issues but I do not want to say.

I can get a job, just can’t go to university. University doesn’t guarantee a high end job anyway, my sister got it and shes a cashier in iceland. I have GCSEs and an AS level, I was hoping to look at an alternative to university and do an apprenticeship and work my way up that way to become a lawyer or something, thats still a high paid job but an apprenticeship might be an easier route rather than uni, snd requires minimally studying.
I can guarantee that you will not get a job as a lawyer without a degree
I am also not mentally mature because I tend to worry about myself only and say if I don’t get my way I won’t do this,
Acting like this is a choice - it will not change unless you actively try to not act that way!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by black tea)
Is this something to aspire to?

I can guarantee that you will not get a job as a lawyer without a degree

Acting like this is a choice - it will not change unless you actively try to not act that way!
No its not something to aspire to. I have GCSEs and an AS, whilst this girl got 2 GCSEs both at D grades for personal reasons. I am hoping to get married to someone in London (as I am from there) if I do get married.

I am not set on s career just yet, still deciding but I will work my way up in whatever career i decide.

I am also not mature in the sense that I am a late bloomer, so sometimes I need to be told to do basics and someone needs to tell me what to do/how to do it so its a long while yet before I get married, and I got a lot of growing up to do because I am like a child but like i said on a previous post, I may never get married.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Oh ok. But why don't you ask the GP for stronger medication then?

Do your parents want you to get married ? Or not?
The amitriptyline is enough, and the other health issues don’t have a cure.

My parents just joke with me about marriage but they are overprotective so I don’t think they would want me to because I am called “the child who is always sick” at home. It doesn’t sound insulting in bengali. They need to see that I am grown up and can survive without them for them to be ok with it, even then they may not want me to but would be willing if my sister who is 13 and growing at the expected rate (taller than me) got married later on and kept me at home. I don’t look my age so its not an issue.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I am also not mature in the sense that I am a late bloomer, so sometimes I need to be told to do basics and someone needs to tell me what to do/how to do it so its a long while yet before I get married, and I got a lot of growing up to do because I am like a child but like i said on a previous post, I may never get married.
What sorts of things are you needing to be told to do? Are your parents are enabling your childishness, do you think?

There is no obligation to be married. Marriage does not equal happiness.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by black tea)
What sorts of things are you needing to be told to do? Are your parents are enabling your childishness, do you think?

There is no obligation to be married. Marriage does not equal happiness.
personal hygiene but I think this is largely due to depression, I need to be shown how to do things like making tea before I can actually make it that sort of thing. My parents are overprotective because of a condition I was born with, and I would say because of that they treat me based on my height and not age.

In Islam, you do have to be married when it comes to the time and also depends on if you find someone of course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (145)
51.79%
No (135)
48.21%

Watched Threads