Sandwell College - yes or no

Watch
Brummie1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hi All,
I'm a school leaver soon and I'm already considering my future options already whilst I have time on my hands, and I am looking at colleges online. I like the look of Sandwell and their courses, plus it's not far from my house - I just wondered if anyone had any experiences, or thoughts to why I shouldn't shortlist it - what do other colleges do better?.
H Millington
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Brummie1)
Hi All,
I'm a school leaver soon and I'm already considering my future options already whilst I have time on my hands, and I am looking at colleges online. I like the look of Sandwell and their courses, plus it's not far from my house - I just wondered if anyone had any experiences, or thoughts to why I shouldn't shortlist it - what do other colleges do better?.
Hi! I don't live in the area but I went online and did some research for you!

Sandwell College is celebrating soaring success rates, ranking it 12th in the country, and ranked the best college in the West Midlands! I'm not sure what you want to apply for but the majority of the students seem to be taking vocational subjects so if you're aiming to take a subject like that then it looks great!
It has an overall achievement rate of 87.6 per cent and has recently undergone a huge surge in its numbers (so the funding will have increased too - this is an underrated but greatly important thing to consider when you're looking into any educational institution.) It is located in an area with high deprivation levels, and where school attainment of five GCSEs at grades A* to C is below national averages so the high results reflect the effort of both staff and students and the dedication that the college clearly puts into the education of its students. In its last Ofsted report (2019) they were shown to be making 'reasonable progress' in all areas. (You can find the report here: https://files.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50056165

The college I attend has been ranked 2nd nationally in terms of the average total points score and even I'm feeling quite jealous! I do recommend it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (395)
32.35%
No (826)
67.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise