Urrrmmmm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I really want to dentistry however it is hard to get in so I’m thinking of a engineering apprenticeship. I feel like it’s a more safe option but won’t make me as happy as being a dentist as I will regret not taking the chance. Can you do apprenticeship after you do A levels for engineering or something related to helping people such as working in a lab or is it harder as I feel like that would be a backup. It’s a tough choice. Anybody in the same position and have any regret. For me I feel like not doing a levels is giving up on my dream before even trying to chase it
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Urrrmmmm)
I really want to dentistry however it is hard to get in so I’m thinking of a engineering apprenticeship. I feel like it’s a more safe option but won’t make me as happy as being a dentist as I will regret not taking the chance. Can you do apprenticeship after you do A levels for engineering or something related to helping people such as working in a lab or is it harder as I feel like that would be a backup. It’s a tough choice. Anybody in the same position and have any regret. For me I feel like not doing a levels is giving up on my dream before even trying to chase it
Engineering is broader than you think and has routes to dentistry.

I work in orthopaedics myself after doing a degree apprenticeship, developing devices to restore skeletal joints that are diseased of damaged from trauma.

Contrary to what most people believe, It’s the bioengineers who often write the surgical procedures. Engineers play a huge part in most medical industries.

Personally, I prefer the engineering side of the industry rather than if I’d actually studied to carry out the procedures myself.

Note: I never did my A levels. I did a level 3 apprenticeship before my degree apprenticeship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.4%
No (692)
51.6%

Watched Threads