Uh I’m not sure what to call this, ucas adjustment?

Watch
JellyBean32
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’ve just received my coursework, I got an A* which is absolutely not what I expected and an A in my last exam. I have been achieving Cs and Bs for almost whole 2years in SF. Uh , I applied to computer science at lower ranked unis cause that’s what I could do, but now considering I am achieving higher in media I could apply for Russel group? Is there any chance I can apply for media in adjustment and whether it is possible seeing as they are relatively popular
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JellyBean32)
So I’ve just received my coursework, I got an A* which is absolutely not what I expected and an A in my last exam. I have been achieving Cs and Bs for almost whole 2years in SF. Uh , I applied to computer science at lower ranked unis cause that’s what I could do, but now considering I am achieving higher in media I could apply for Russel group? Is there any chance I can apply for media in adjustment and whether it is possible seeing as they are relatively popular
If you've changed your mind on both your course and university then your best option in the first instance is to talk to universities with vacancies about your chances of an offer in UCAS Extra (Adjustment is not a good option to pin your hopes on).
You'll usually need a new PS for the new subject choice which you can offer to send universities directly (and it's a good thing to do anyway to articulate your reasons for wanting to study a subject).

Media is an odd choice to choose to study at a RG university. Generally RG courses will be academic not practical (and therefore not have the strongest reputation in the industry). The "best" media courses are specific (ie tv production, film production, radio production) and highly practical.
JellyBean32
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ah okay, thank you for the reply. I understand about the media at RG, probably not the best of ideas! I’ll think about it for a bit longer, going to a lower uni doesn’t affect my career prospects too bad. As long as I do well. But as you say I will email the unis if i 100% decide
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%