Confused about A-level

Watch this thread
jalaray
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I'm going to be choosing my A-levels soon and need some help as to what universities want from a student who wants to pursue marketing?
TinySheep
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi there I'm not going into marketing myself but there are a few skills which translate super well into marketing. For example, a very common choice is English Language at A-level, as it goes into great depth about how language affects our buying choices. Business is probably a good choice, showing interest in the field of marketing. Sociology is arguably a strong choice, as it gets you used to people's behaviour patterns and dividing people into groups. Psychology may be a good choice, but I think that tends to focus more on the side of mental health than the psychology of marketing. Just my two cents
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jalaray)
Hi everyone, I'm going to be choosing my A-levels soon and need some help as to what universities want from a student who wants to pursue marketing?
Hi

At the majority of UK Universities, specific A-Level subjects are not required for Marketing.

Although some subjects may be desirable, such as business studies or media.
I'd recommend having a look on 'The Uni Guide' website to have a look at the overall area of marketing, what skills you may need etc.

I've linked it here for you: https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/subjects/marketing

As there are no set A-Level subjects as set entry requirements, I would recommend going for subjects that you love!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions
Sian- UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (9)
21.95%
The paper was reasonable (19)
46.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (8)
19.51%
It was TERRIBLE (5)
12.2%

Watched Threads