?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
what is the best way to revise
DanielG_07
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi there! First, I would DEFINITELY recommend you go look at the website CGP revision tips, I will link it here: CPG revision tips or if that doesn't work https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/info/exam...-revision-tips

Revise effectively; make revision guides, flashcards, mind maps etc. summarize the key facts and info you need to know
Also, your mental health hugely affects your revision! Remember to eat well, exercise often, drink good amounts of water and get good sleep!

Really hope this helps and don't worry, I'm in a similar scenario too (nearly doing gcse exams soon), so don't worry. But i do recommend the website I linked before, it is very helpful!

Good luck!!!
Kabutops
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Depends on the subject, so I’ll split it into three parts. For context, I got 9999888877 (in this order: Englishx2, History, RS, Drama, Maths, Bio, French, Physics and Chem). This is what I did:

For maths, bio, chem and physics, I’d recommend getting the shorter 8-9 targeted exam practice by CGP (after you’ve finished the course). They give you the real nasty questions and you can pick out where you’re weak and have to go over. The larger standard CGP is also good if you want to go into more detail. I personally liked the 8-9 targeted revision booklet because every single question was tough and trained you to use soundbites. After that, bang exam practice. You’ll get at least a 7 if you do that.

As for languages, I have two tips. Firstly, plan your speaking answers for literally every topic and revise them all. I say this, because even though you’ll only have one prepared topic in the speaking exam, you’ll a) have to answer on unprepared and could have a good answer up your sleeve, b) they’re an absolute godsend in the writing exam where you can essentially write out a speaking answer and c) theyll improve your grammar too. Secondly, About a month before the gcses, I had a week where for five days, since I was bad at the speaking and overall I was pretty average art french, getting 5s and 6s, I had an hour of french speaking every day with a zoom tutor. This improved my aptitude for french so much and I got an 8. Those two tips will make a difference, trust.

I don’t have as much advise for written subjects because I didn’t really revise for the essay subjects since I’m decent at them anyway. I think the best thing you can do is make sure you have quote banks for everything and have done a fair bit of exam practice just so that when you get around to the exam, writing these answers are more or less second nature. Having a good teacher who will give you plenty of annotations really might help, so don’t be shy to ask your teacher for extra help since it really will go a long way. Getting a 9 in humanities is dependent on good communication and taking feedback on board.

Overall, I’d say that if you want to get straight 9s, start early. I started quite late so I didn’t get that. I personally wish I revised consistently for the general subject tests and mocks because I’d have been much better conditioned for exam-time. If you’re like me and start too late, I think this advise will seriously help you, although I’m sure you’ll also benefit from these if you do work more consistently.

I hope this is of some help.
sayeed12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
thanks guys really helps
Kabutops
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by sayeed12)
thanks guys really helps
No worries. PM me if you need any other help or advice. Happy to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.72%
No (450)
48.28%

Watched Threads