what do you want to do when you're older? / what do you do

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
if you're comfortable saying what field of work you'd want to go into/ are in then please let me know i'm 16 and still don't have anything figured out, which makes me feel a bit anxious, and i'm curious as to what people on tsr want to do? esp seeing as most of you are high achievers (im not but oh well lol)
DanielG_07
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! In short, for you, it significantly depends on what subjects you are actually studying. For me, I'm only 14 yrs old but I am studying subjects like DT, computing, geography and French as my choices and dropped subjects like performing arts, music, German, etc. I've always wanted to be like a robotics engineer which requires subject like computing, DT etc, which is why I took them. So basically my advice is look at what subjects you are studying as most jobs require you to have studied a certain subject, like (robotics) engineering requires you to get a good grade in DT and computing. Then, based on ur subject choices, think about or search up jobs that you can take if you have studied certain subjects.

Hope this helps, good luck!
Q_LDN
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm thinking of trying to be a doctor. Not everyone here is a high achiever some were (e.g. myself). I don't know how many people know this (it may be very well known for all I know) but there are Medicine courses with a foundation year and lower entry requirements such as KCL's A108 EMDP. Might want to look into that if you're medically inclined.

(Original post by Anonymous)
if you're comfortable saying what field of work you'd want to go into/ are in then please let me know i'm 16 and still don't have anything figured out, which makes me feel a bit anxious, and i'm curious as to what people on tsr want to do? esp seeing as most of you are high achievers (im not but oh well lol)
Q_LDN
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would recommend ordering loads of university prospectuses and taking a look through them for ideas
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I work full-time in software engineering and DevOps. I've been working from home all last year and this year... pretty much living in my bedroom nearly 24/7.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (608)
49.11%
No (630)
50.89%

Watched Threads