User148
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
As per the title

Can I call up and ask them why they rejected me? How would you suggest I do this?

Thanks
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can request feedback yes. I would check on their site if they say anything on how they prefer you to do this. But yes you are perfectly entitled to ring up/email the admissions tutor and ask.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by User148)
As per the title

Can I call up and ask them why they rejected me? How would you suggest I do this?

Thanks
Don't ring up expecting an answer
Look on their website for their admissions policy and see what that says about requests for feedback. Normally requests will need to be made in writing to a specific address/person. You should check on Track and any applicant portal for feedback that has already been provided before writing for more information.

In most cases the reason will be "not as strong as other applicants" though so don't expect detailed point by point breakdowns of your application
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Giving detailed feedback over the phone is rare because it tends to invite a long “well I disagree because I know someone else who...” type conversations.

As above, check for any feedback policy on the relevant website. Either follow it or email central admissions requesting written feedback.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Even if you ask for feedback do not expect an immediate answer - it could be weeks or even months before you hear back.

Did the UCAS rejection entry not tell you anything about why you were rejected? Reasons for rejection are usually one of - you do not meet the entry requirements in full (including any GCSE requirements), your PS was not as strong as other people's, your overall application score was not as good as other people's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%