R.I 2006
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi I am in year 10 and i do not know how to revise efficiently.
DanielG_07
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi there! From a year 9 kid, first, I would DEFINITELY recommend you go look at the website CGP revision tips, I will link it here: CPG revision tips or if that doesn't work https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/info/exam...-revision-tips

Revise effectively; make revision guides, flashcards, mind maps etc. summarize the key facts and info you need to know
Also, your mental health hugely affects your revision! Remember to eat well, exercise often, drink good amounts of water and get good sleep!

Really hope this helps!

Good luck!!!
Dan Forbes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Set yourself small achievable targets and set aside short time frames to complete them, say 1 target in 30mins and take a break after the 30mins.I used to set a timer or alarm on my phone and its amazing how fast time moves. If you keep your timeframes short and in smaller targets its a lot easier than trying to do everything at once. One little step at a time.
Azotic02
Badges: 14
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by R.I 2006)
Hi I am in year 10 and i do not know how to revise efficiently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLnPbIffxE&t=732s
This has helped many students.
Good luck.
Chibiyorgh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Uhh here's a few things that might work, different things work for different people tho so test it out a bit.
-Read it (textbooks, online, etc)
-make mindmaps, graphs, revision cards
-go on those websites like hegarty maths, science surgery, etc
-do past test papers and mark them yourself to see where you went wrong
-set annoying notifications for yourself if you're procrastinating, and not only one, set multiple in a row to really get your attention

That's all I can really think of good luck lol
Puran_T
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey, from a year 13 perspective, I would say don't get into the habit of spending hours making loads and loads of fancy notes and mindmaps etc. Although what you should do is ensure that you have a neat set of concise notes which you would be happy to read during the summer etc when you're revising. So if that means making mindmaps etc then go for it.

Always make sure your class notes are up to date and that you understand the class content every week. Tbh for Gcse's all you really need are the cgp revision guides in terms of content revision.

To actually revise, read through your notes on a topic and try to understand them first. Then a few mins later or even immediately, try to test your understanding using flashcards or try and create a mindmap of the topic from memory. Quizlet is a good resource to use for flashcards - loads of readymade flashcards that others have spent hours making! When you feel confident, start answering practise questions. Maybe leave the full past papers for year 11, no harm in starting in the summer though.

With practise questions, what you wanna do is first answer questions from memory in one colour, then look through the textbook/revision guide and add to your answer in a different colour pen, and then mark it in another pen. Over time you'll reduce the amount of content from the textbook and mark scheme and only have your own knowledge written on there.

Use year 10 summer to really make sure you brush up on all the content so far and have notes ready.

remember you want to work smart not hard- you have approximately 10 subjects to revise for so realistically you won't be able to put 100% effort into each subject unless you're a genius.
R.I 2006
Rep:
?
Thanks your generous replies.
R.I 2006
Rep:
?
*For your generous replies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.72%
No (450)
48.28%

Watched Threads