Jigs2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi guys I’m considering these subjects for my in IB diploma.
1 French SL
2. English SL
3. Maths HL
4. Bio HL
5. Chemistry HL
6. Psychology SL
Now I have some queries
1. I want to keep my university options open so is this a good combination
2. What If I take English hL in place of bio hL? I have heard that English hL is very difficult to get good scores
3. Is maths hL is very difficult. I’m quite ok in maths
Appreciate your time
Puran_T
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi, your subject combo will cause fear in anyone!
Maths HL is probably the hardest IB subject.
Hl Bio chem and maths is a dangerous combo at IB (everyone called me mad for doing it lol) - if you're super motivated and organised and a strong mathematician, then go for it because hl maths requires constant practice every day realistically.

If you don't want to do medicine then maybe don't do Biology? Its a bit useless unless you really enjoy it or need it for a uni course.

If you have hl maths and chem and any subject, realistically that will get you onto any uni course. If you want to do higher bio chem maths, then I would strongly advise against doing psychology as well- it will be extremely stressful to handle that workload.

English Hl isn't really that difficult at all, basically the same as Gcse English lit. You have an unseen lit paper and a paper based on 2 of the 13 texts you study. An oral exam on two of the texts and a 1600 word essay. I switched from sl English to hl and honestly it didn't feel that difficult.

Hope this helps!
Jigs2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Puran_T)
Hi, your subject combo will cause fear in anyone!
Maths HL is probably the hardest IB subject.
Hl Bio chem and maths is a dangerous combo at IB (everyone called me mad for doing it lol) - if you're super motivated and organised and a strong mathematician, then go for it because hl maths requires constant practice every day realistically.

If you don't want to do medicine then maybe don't do Biology? Its a bit useless unless you really enjoy it or need it for a uni course.

If you have hl maths and chem and any subject, realistically that will get you onto any uni course. If you want to do higher bio chem maths, then I would strongly advise against doing psychology as well- it will be extremely stressful to handle that workload.

English Hl isn't really that difficult at all, basically the same as Gcse English lit. You have an unseen lit paper and a paper based on 2 of the 13 texts you study. An oral exam on two of the texts and a 1600 word essay. I switched from sl English to hl and honestly it didn't feel that difficult.

Hope this helps!
Thanks . Yeah after doing my research I’m leaning towards bio SL and take psychology hL or English hL.
So much confusion 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (346)
52.11%
No (318)
47.89%

Watched Threads