Awaiting Approval from the GAO - MPhil in Health Medicine and Society

Watch
hh60
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi

Applied for the MPhil in HMS in December. Inivited to interview on the 22nd of Jan and has been GAO since the 17th of Feb.

Does anyone know what timeframes are approximately for finding out whether you are approved or rejected? And what the significance of it being with GAO is? Think things have been slowed administratively in light of the pandemic.
econ.person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
GAO status is the stage after the department have accepted you. Fundamentally, the department have the final say on who gets in, so you’re in now. The Graduate Admissions Office (GAO) just double check you don’t have fake qualifications and the qualifications you do have are from a real university.

I’ve never heard of anyone getting rejected from GAO stage. Everyone is in at that point. I will be honest though, even I was nervous for the one week I was in GAO. It won’t be any longer than 2 weeks.

Congrats to you! But hold off on the LinkedIn update till you get the formal admission.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%