Heart Palpations/Stress

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I already know I need to see the GP about this. Over the past year or so since covid and lockdown my heart palpations have been more intense. The past two weeks or so have been hell for me I have spasms all over my body, random pains usually in my nuts and these infrequent heart palpations. The heart palpations feel like a 1/2 second feeling where it's like your heart either double drops or it's like it skipps really fast for a second then returns back to normal. It feels like you're about to have your last breath then everything goes back to normal. I absolutely hate it because then I spend the rest of my day worrying about when it'll next occur. It usually all kicks off when i'm resting or just not worrying then bang I get a tick. Or if I put my hand in my chest area or heart then I won't feel the inconsistent heart beat I feel I have. It's really weird because it rarely happens when i'm standing or going for a walk outside. It only happens indoors either in the morning/just after lunch or in the evening/at night. I'm 20 years old and I consider myself to be healthy I don't drink or smoke and I recently gave up drinking sugar. I do usually take Vitamin D tablets too. I've done some research on this and it points to it being anxiety/stress driven I don't really get it because i'm not stressed about anything in life i'm more stressed about my health because of the symptoms i've had over the past month. I'm scared to go to the Doctors because of covid I'm an ethnic minority and I don't want to be given secondary treatment nor do I want to catch covid. It just feels like everyday is a struggle and nothing is working or the things that do work like walking outside is just far fetched. I wouldn't say i'm the most active person I spend most of my day in bed. I've gone into as much detail as I can I know people will tell me to see a GP it's not easy I am working on it but does anyone have any encouragement or details on what's going on.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You likely won't be seen in person. Speak to your GP.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
The palpitations sound a lot like ectopic beats, which everyone gets but some people are more aware of than others. I would certainly speak to your GP though to put your mind at ease.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
you defo need to see your gp, i was having chest pains a few months ago during lockdown, i called up and when i explained the gp said to go see him in person so they might allow you to see the gp. even tho mine wasn't serious and they gave me some painkillers, and eventually it got better, yours sounds a lot more serious than mine. im not sure what part of the country your from but don't worry about receiving secondary treatment, i'm an ethnic minority too and my gp also is so i personally was okay, you don't want to delay it now and risk symptoms getting much worse later on. self diagnosing can be quite dangerous it may be more worse (or not) than you think, really go book an appointment now with your gp, schools are opening soon and i suspect covid cases might go up again, nows the best time to go see your gp.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (623)
48.86%
No (652)
51.14%

Watched Threads