Naturally high temperature?

Watch
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is there a thing where you just generally always have a high temperature?

So I have to get blood tests once a month for various reasons and they take my temperature ever time I go, and for the last few months it's always been on the high side. I had a smear test booked on Friday and rocked up and they said they couldn't let me in because my temperature was too high and I needed to go home, self isolate and get a covid test - which I did and came back negative.

Thoughts?
jlggr4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Is there a thing where you just generally always have a high temperature?

So I have to get blood tests once a month for various reasons and they take my temperature ever time I go, and for the last few months it's always been on the high side. I had a smear test booked on Friday and rocked up and they said they couldn't let me in because my temperature was too high and I needed to go home, self isolate and get a covid test - which I did and came back negative.

Thoughts?
this may be to do with the cold weather and wrapping up warm. equally it could be you getting hot from walking into the clinic?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
How high are we talking?

Lots of things can cause a high temperature including having an infection of some kind, potentially being hot from wearing too many clothes as mentioned above, some rheumatological conditions - lots of stuff. If it's a persistently raised (like over 38), I would speak to your GP about it as you might need to have investigations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (608)
49.11%
No (630)
50.89%

Watched Threads