Jsiairbfj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve applied for Uni Of Liverpool but fell short of a gcse grade requirement. I have a reason as to why my results in that exam were not to good. I’ve emailed admissions and said is it worth me explaining if the circumstances ( which was family illness) they’ve given me an email to write on the situation. Do you think admissions would see it as an excuse or would it actually give me a higher chance? Thank you
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jsiairbfj)
I’ve applied for Uni Of Liverpool but fell short of a gcse grade requirement. I have a reason as to why my results in that exam were not to good. I’ve emailed admissions and said is it worth me explaining if the circumstances ( which was family illness) they’ve given me an email to write on the situation. Do you think admissions would see it as an excuse or would it actually give me a higher chance? Thank you
Its unlikely that they will reconsider you.
a) you could have retaken that GCSE.
b) you waited until you were rejected to remember any extenuating circumstances an they probably will not be interesting in hearing about this so late after applying.
c) GCSEs are about basic skills required to successfully complete the course - they are not negotiable extras.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jsiairbfj)
Hi there Jsiairbfj,

Glad to hear you are interested in studying at University of Liverpool, and sorry to hear about the circumstances that you describe.

So, while it is it is very difficult to say (since the decision always rests with the admissions teams and academics), there is definitely some flexibility entry requirements, and in particular, they are mindful that circumstances beyond the control of an applicant can have an adverse impact on the grades that you have achieved. The key thing is to set out what the circumstances were, and how these circumstances led to (or contributed towards) you not doing as well as you'd hoped, remember any of these details will be kept confidential so don't worry about who will see the details that you decide to include. Overall, if you do this you give the best opportunity for the admissions team to understand your circumstances and hopefully provide you with some additional flexibility with the entry requirements.

If you have any more questions then feel free to ask below

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads