Laptop or handwritten notes?

Watch
hannahlouise2205
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Going into uni im considering whether or not to get a touch screen laptop or just a normal one. I was wondering if it is actually worth getting touchscreen or whether its best to just type notes instead of "writing" them to a notes app?

Also any tips on organising notes/ apps/ folder systems welcome (for a finance/ accounting student especially)

Thanks!

avso
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
laptop defo. Especially when ur a finance/ accounting student.
hannahlouise2205
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by avso)
laptop defo. Especially when ur a finance/ accounting student.
Touchscreen or no?
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I've got an iPad (hate Apple, but the university gives one to all med school and AHP students) and use Notability on it, I also bought a cheap Chinese copy of the Apple pencil that works great.
You can import the slides into Notability or GoodNotes and then write directly onto the slides, assuming they're released prior to the lecture.
Also there's been multiple studies that have concluded that writing notes is a lot better for memory retention than typing them
avso
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by hannahlouise2205)
Touchscreen or no?
It doesn't really matter if its touchscreen. As long as your notes aren't everywhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (419)
51.92%
No (388)
48.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise