AA..
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I really want to get into a proper after school routine where on school days, you have a select few hours (7-10pm) where you can just sit and learn. The thing is, whenever I get the motivation to do this, I realise I have no proper timetable, or organised list of what to do.

Does anyone else do revision like that, and if you do, please could you share some advice to help me create a good study habit?
meerkatking123
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AA..)
I really want to get into a proper after school routine where on school days, you have a select few hours (7-10pm) where you can just sit and learn. The thing is, whenever I get the motivation to do this, I realise I have no proper timetable, or organised list of what to do.

Does anyone else do revision like that, and if you do, please could you share some advice to help me create a good study habit?
What year are you in?
AA..
Rep:
?
(Original post by meerkatking123)
What year are you in?
yr9 - please don't underestimate, I really need to prepare for GCSE's early on, so I get 9s.
ari1224
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
idk if you're in y9 you shouldn't feel too weighted down with revision.
You can start with making flashcards after your lessons in science... like dedicate time after 7 (or like after dinner) to make those using spec. Or after 4 if you prefer.
Don't do too much since you are still learning and learning how you best revise.
Take small steps and only do a bit each day so it's not too much and you'll be more likely to actually keep up with doing this.
AA..
Rep:
?
(Original post by ari1224)
idk if you're in y9 you shouldn't feel too weighted down with revision.
You can start with making flashcards after your lessons in science... like dedicate time after 7 (or like after dinner) to make those using spec. Or after 4 if you prefer.
Don't do too much since you are still learning and learning how you best revise.
Take small steps and only do a bit each day so it's not too much and you'll be more likely to actually keep up with doing this.
For biology, I started making a revision booklet, so I thought that if we have exams for any topic, then I could just look at the summarised content, and make flashcards using that.
Thanks so much; I will certainly start making flashcards!
ari1224
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AA..)
For biology, I started making a revision booklet, so I thought that if we have exams for any topic, then I could just look at the summarised content, and make flashcards using that.
Thanks so much; I will certainly start making flashcards!
That's good you are starting to make it a habit to revise right now. It will be easier to motivate yourself for the bigger exams that will come up in your life Also don't listen to people telling to not revise, you're just making sure you maximise your success, and they just might be worried/jealous someone has the motivation that they don't have. I started revision in y9 (a bit) and I got all 9s except for english lol (I'm a mathsy person)
Yh have a work/life balance and you'll do great. Good Luck! <3
AA..
Rep:
?
(Original post by ari1224)
That's good you are starting to make it a habit to revise right now. It will be easier to motivate yourself for the bigger exams that will come up in your life Also don't listen to people telling to not revise, you're just making sure you maximise your success, and they just might be worried/jealous someone has the motivation that they don't have. I started revision in y9 (a bit) and I got all 9s except for english lol (I'm a mathsy person)
Yh have a work/life balance and you'll do great. Good Luck! <3
Yes samee! I love maths, but I'm not too great at english. Thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.72%
No (450)
48.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed