Is this a good day of eating?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm eating more calories than usual (trying to loose weight but now focusing on also maintaining muscle too) but idk i think its better for me.
can i get peoples opinions?

Breakfast: protein shake (can't stomach food in the morning but i like drinks so its a good way to get protein in)
Snack: Carrots and hot sauce
Lunch: teriyaki salmon filet, cauliflower rice, kimchi, broccoli, spinach, edamame, radish and onion.
Snack: 2 heck sausages
Dinner (made by parents):
-2 mini tortillas
-pan-fried chicken and spices
-black/kidney bean and tomato 'mix'
-carrot and red cabbage
-avocado
-sour cream/mayo garlic sauce (i have just a little bit of this)

everything is homemade (sauces etc) and unprocessed apart from the sausages.
most days breakfast is the time but sometimes ill have a protein yoghurt instead, lunch is usually similar (chicken, cod, salmon, egg, shrimp or tuna that usually total to 100-200cals, some mix of veggies like salad or steamed veg and sometimes ill have a sweet potato but not often because i cba), dinner varies but its usually chicken, veg and sometimes potato or noodles (my parents have rice with dinner but i cant stand rice which is very un asian of me). my snacks used to be fruit and nuts but id overeat the nuts/snack stuff so I'm starting to pre plan snacks that are higher in protein too .
Anonymous #1
i can't accurately track dinner so i usually assume it adds to 800-900cals, today roughly adds up to 1650 (weekend i had like 1700,1900 by accident) and most days its 1500-1650
Anonymous #1
oh and exercise wise im p sedentary during the day but before dinner i do strength and after dinner i do cardio
Anonymous #1
bump
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I'm no expert but sound good to me, providing you are not losing weight on that amount of calories.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm no expert but sound good to me, providing you are not losing weight on that amount of calories.
?? i am loosing weight
GI44
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
?? i am loosing weight
sorry, missed the bit where you said you were trying to lose weight. sounds like a relatively healthy diet to me.
xDmochi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm eating more calories than usual (trying to loose weight but now focusing on also maintaining muscle too) but idk i think its better for me.
can i get peoples opinions?

Breakfast: protein shake (can't stomach food in the morning but i like drinks so its a good way to get protein in)
Snack: Carrots and hot sauce
Lunch: teriyaki salmon filet, cauliflower rice, kimchi, broccoli, spinach, edamame, radish and onion.
Snack: 2 heck sausages
Dinner (made by parents):
-2 mini tortillas
-pan-fried chicken and spices
-black/kidney bean and tomato 'mix'
-carrot and red cabbage
-avocado
-sour cream/mayo garlic sauce (i have just a little bit of this)

everything is homemade (sauces etc) and unprocessed apart from the sausages.
most days breakfast is the time but sometimes ill have a protein yoghurt instead, lunch is usually similar (chicken, cod, salmon, egg, shrimp or tuna that usually total to 100-200cals, some mix of veggies like salad or steamed veg and sometimes ill have a sweet potato but not often because i cba), dinner varies but its usually chicken, veg and sometimes potato or noodles (my parents have rice with dinner but i cant stand rice which is very un asian of me). my snacks used to be fruit and nuts but id overeat the nuts/snack stuff so I'm starting to pre plan snacks that are higher in protein too .
Remember to add some fiber in there, as the current meal plan might cause indigestion, so maybe more fruit for snacks, as they have natural sugar and low calories. Otherwise yeah that sounds perfectly balanced just remember to exercise too
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
The only thing that matters when trying to lose weight are calories, whether what’s your eating is classed as “healthy” it doesn’t matter, just eat a balanced diet in a calorie deficit and you will progressively lose weight, you physically cannot lose weight and gain muscle at the same time but to maintain muscle or to avoid massive muscle loss just keep your protein intake high and keep doing resistance training where possible
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xDmochi)
Remember to add some fiber in there, as the current meal plan might cause indigestion, so maybe more fruit for snacks, as they have natural sugar and low calories. Otherwise yeah that sounds perfectly balanced just remember to exercise too
thank you! usually i do eat an apple or pear too, i replaced it with the heck sausages to increase protein. i’ll find a way to incorporate more because i love fruit but they do add calories
i do weights and hiit most days!!.
Anonymous #1
The only thing that matters when trying to lose weight are calories, whether what’s your eating is classed as “healthy” it doesn’t matter, just eat a balanced diet in a calorie deficit and you will progressively lose weight, you physically cannot lose weight and gain muscle at the same time but to maintain muscle or to avoid massive muscle loss just keep your protein intake high and keep doing resistance training where possible
i know! but thankyou! i’ve lost a bunch of weight so far i just want to move my focus a little more to nutrition because i obsess too much over calories sometimes when i know i’m in a deficit
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
i know! but thankyou! i’ve lost a bunch of weight so far i just want to move my focus a little more to nutrition because i obsess too much over calories sometimes when i know i’m in a deficit
I completely understand where your coming from, calorie counting can lead to a really unhealthy mindset and relationship with food, don’t restrict yourself too much though in terms on nutrition, 1 day of bad eating isn’t going to ruin your progress and there’s plenty of ways to keep progressing with weight loss aslong as your happy and balanced don’t worry, also don’t worry to much about weight on the scale, if you feel good and look different that’s what matters most it’s very easy for your body to change massively but to have lost no weight on the scale
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thank you! usually i do eat an apple or pear too, i replaced it with the heck sausages to increase protein. i’ll find a way to incorporate more because i love fruit but they do add calories
i do weights and hiit most days!!.
Why do you need snacks when you are having 2 main meals? They sound like habit rather than nutrition.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Why do you need snacks when you are having 2 main meals? They sound like habit rather than nutrition.
i don’t always have snacks, only when i’m rlly hungry. i’m just trying to pre plan them to avoid mindless grazing so when i do want a snack i can have something that will fill me up and give me good nutrients
the.cricketer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
true
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (608)
49.11%
No (630)
50.89%

Watched Threads