Turn on thread page Beta

Camp America. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    Lol that would be neat I want to go to a couple of places afterwards too, if I get the time but for now my priority is actually being accepted =P I'm not too good with interviews, i'll have to try all those breathing exercises and such ='(
    Don't be nervous I was, and there's really no need to be the people that interview you will be people just like you really, they went to Camp for all the same reasons that you want to go. Think about your application form, tick as many boxes on that 'skills' form - be honest, be smiley, have a laugh with the people you're being interviewed by. Actually, just think of it as a chat about all the things you love doing. Be yourself they'll love you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Don't be nervous I was, and there's really no need to be the people that interview you will be people just like you really, they went to Camp for all the same reasons that you want to go. Think about your application form, tick as many boxes on that 'skills' form - be honest, be smiley, have a laugh with the people you're being interviewed by. Actually, just think of it as a chat about all the things you love doing. Be yourself they'll love you
    *fingers crossed* I'll take your word for it =P And if I fail, i'ma come for the ride anyway and make sure the kids make camp a living hell for you =P

ReputationRep:
    Lol that would be neat I want to go to a couple of places afterwards too, if I get the time but for now my priority is actually being accepted =P I'm not too good with interviews, i'll have to try all those breathing exercises and such ='(

Best way to stay calm is to get pissed before you go!! lol only joking really dont do that!! lol go in there with the attitude 'im good, i know it and you will see it before the end of this interview'! Try the whole their sitting there naked thing! always try to keep eye contact or look at them when your talking to them too, remember they arnt any better than you, so dont be nervous! Go in there feeling positive about yourself, the way the interview is going to go and the results your gona get from the interview!

Talking of alcohol, id be lucky if i'll get the chance, you have to be 21 over there dont you??

ReputationRep:
    Aww dahling. Well then you need the experience to regain your not so youthful years =P Go make some babies!
    I don't mind babies. I hate toddlers though... the ones that are learning to speak... that stare at you for a while and you say "errr.... what do you want?" and they randomly go "Baawooba. Doolanum ber numsarum." ...as if they're speaking, but not. It horrifies me.

And 'kids' are just little *******s these days.

ReputationRep:
    *fingers crossed* I'll take your word for it =P And if I fail, i'ma come for the ride anyway and make sure the kids make camp a living hell for you =P
    LOL, alrighty - you've got a deal*

* Subject to the following terms and conditions:
    You'll forgive me if I kill either you and/or one of the kids lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammmason)
    Talking of alcohol, id be lucky if i'll get the chance, you have to be 21 over there dont you??
    Yup but the kids out there manage it anyway, just like the kids here =P I was living on a floor with some american exchange students last term and they said it was fairly easy getting alcohol out there if you look the age. I'm twenty, I look older, I should be able to get it for anyone....of course, the irony behind it? I am a complete teetotalist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    I don't mind babies. I hate toddlers though... the ones that are learning to speak... that stare at you for a while and you say "errr.... what do you want?" and they randomly go "Baawooba. Doolanum ber numsarum." ...as if they're speaking, but not. It horrifies me.

And 'kids' are just little *******s these days.
    Ouch :eek: That's baby talk, you heartless creature. :mad: You did it too! =P

Kids can be a handful, but then so are men.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. 21 to drink. Not to mention both drinking and cigarettes are banned whilst in Camp. :p: .

ReputationRep:
    LOL, alrighty - you've got a deal*

* Subject to the following terms and conditions:
    You'll forgive me if I kill either you and/or one of the kids lol
    A deal! *

*Not if I get you first.

ReputationRep:
    Yup but the kids out there manage it anyway, just like the kids here =P I was living on a floor with some american exchange students last term and they said it was fairly easy getting alcohol out there if you look the age. I'm twenty, I look older, I should be able to get it for anyone....of course, the irony behind it? I am a complete teetotalist.
    i would have only just turned 18 a month before going on camp! but ive got boobs, boobs are good i can get into all the pubs and clubs here! lol

ReputationRep:
    I look older, I should be able to get it for anyone....of course, the irony behind it? I am a complete teetotalist.
    LOL, me too!

Edit: Added irony? I work in a bar - when people buy me a drink, I get myself a lemmonade lol

ReputationRep:
    i would have only just turned 18 a month before going on camp! but ive got boobs, boobs are good i can get into all the pubs and clubs here! lol
    *tuts* kids these days =P

ReputationRep:
    Yep. 21 to drink. Not to mention both drinking and cigarettes are banned whilst in Camp. :p: .
    i see the sense behind that im talking after camp!! lol

ReputationRep:
    LOL, me too!

Edit: Added irony? I work in a bar - when people buy me a drink, I get myself a lemmonade lol
    I see us getting along

ReputationRep:
    i would have only just turned 18 a month before going on camp!
    Bless you! you'll only be 2 years older than the oldest kids there!

I'll only be 20 by 4 days if I do get into Camp, birthday's on the 23rd of June

ReputationRep:
    *tuts* kids these days =P
    lol! in comparison to a lot of my mates im actually quite mature! i think ive got my head screwed on! (well most of the time anyway) lol

ReputationRep:
    Ouch :eek: That's baby talk, you heartless creature. :mad: You did it too! =P

Kids can be a handful, but then so are men.
    Well baby talk scares me then. It's more the look. You know they're thinking something. No doubt some sort of plot to kill you in your sleep.

And today's kids are more than a handful. They're also a bit stupid.... like when I was 10, I would never even have considered shouting insults at a group of 18 year olds. They DO now. I blame TV.

ReputationRep:
    lol! in comparison to a lot of my mates im actually quite mature! i think ive got my head screwed on! (well most of the time anyway) lol
    I bet =P You probably have more brain than most of MY mates who love a good hammering like, every day of the week :rolleyes: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i see the sense behind that im talking after camp!! lol
    LOL - Aaaaah I seeeeeee!

I wanna go to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeed lol

ReputationRep:
    Bless you! you'll only be 2 years older than the oldest kids there!

I'll only be 20 by 4 days if I do get into Camp, birthday's on the 23rd of June
    Thats ok, i have quite strong leadership skills! (in other words i generally get things done) lol

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.