Want more information about this university?
Naxto88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey everyone!
I'm starting at Northumbria in September, I initially was going to move in with a friend in the year above who had a room spare in their student house, but that opportunity has gone now.
My initial choice of accomodation was Trinity Square but the reviews online seem to make out it's a hellhole...
Same with Winn and I don't fancy the catered options.
The other two accomodations are more high end prices.
I guess what I'm looking for is anyone who can give a bit of guidance, maybe if they have experience of a specific accom, of where is good?
Thanks!
Northumbria University UG Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Naxto88)
Hey everyone!
I'm starting at Northumbria in September, I initially was going to move in with a friend in the year above who had a room spare in their student house, but that opportunity has gone now.
My initial choice of accomodation was Trinity Square but the reviews online seem to make out it's a hellhole...
I guess what I'm looking for is anyone who can give a bit of guidance, maybe if they have experience of a specific accom, of where is good?
Thanks!
Hi,

I'd just like to start by letting you know that during my first year of uni I stayed in Trinity Square and it was absolutely the best option for me. I loved that it wasn't right on campus so It felt more like I was going home at the end of the day, but on the other hand it wasn't too far away to spend time with friends as it only took 20 minutes to walk into town (and timed right, about 5 minutes on the metro). There are also great facilities like a small onsite gym as well as a membership for sport central on city campus. The cinema was right on my doorstep as was the huge Tesco extra as well as a number of other shops.
Another favourite was that the washing machine and dryer were in the kitchen of the flat so I didn't have to go to an on-site laundry room to do my washing and I had my own bathroom too. I think it depends what it is you're looking for but I only have good things to say about Trinity Square having spent my first year living there. If you have any questions just let me know!

Steph Williams
UG Rep
jess241001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Naxto88)
Hey everyone!
Thanks!
ive booked into manor bank with unite students
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.06%
A uni comparison tool (152)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.5%