mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Trump will be 78 if he wished to become president in 2025.
The Trump name has also become very toxic in the US, although I believe he would run be able to scoop up close to 70 million votes regardless. It's still early days, the run up to mid-terms and results their probably important in deciding what way the GOP will go.

Pence has a much better chance imo, whilst it's probably the hardest Trumpers who dislike Pence the most lets face it they are going to vote GOP no matter what. Pence might be able to sell a more moderate strain of Trumpism, keep the tax & regulation policies, hard on America first but a little less authoritarian and TBH a lot of what Trump was hated for wasn't policy, more is lack of diplomacy and how he would relish in winding up people and his reactive nature to current affairs. Dems/CNN/ABC etc. really had a deep personal hatred for Trump and Trump played right into their hands at times, Pence is neither as hated nor foolish.

Of course the opponent will be key. It will most likely be Kamala Harris, but would their be a proper Democrat primary run.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mnot)
Trump will be 78 if he wished to become president in 2025.
The Trump name has also become very toxic in the US, although I believe he would run be able to scoop up close to 70 million votes regardless. It's still early days, the run up to mid-terms and results their probably important in deciding what way the GOP will go.

Pence has a much better chance imo, whilst it's probably the hardest Trumpers who dislike Pence the most lets face it they are going to vote GOP no matter what. Pence might be able to sell a more moderate strain of Trumpism, keep the tax & regulation policies, hard on America first but a little less authoritarian and TBH a lot of what Trump was hated for wasn't policy, more is lack of diplomacy and how he would relish in winding up people and his reactive nature to current affairs. Dems/CNN/ABC etc. really had a deep personal hatred for Trump and Trump played right into their hands at times, Pence is neither as hated nor foolish.

Of course the opponent will be key. It will most likely be Kamala Harris, but would their be a proper Democrat primary run.
Pence is polling at something like 5% right now. It's not gonna be him.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
I dont think he's entered the sphere of consideration yet for a lot of people.

If Trump were to re-run I think it would be hard for any GOP candidate in the primaries as Trump's name recognition and popularity at the heart of the party is still extremely strong right now. I just think in a Presidential race Pence might appeal to more of the middle ground vote.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Trump was one of the more peaceful presidents. He got on really well with the Middle East, Arab royal families, Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-Un. Indicated that they were a nice and reasonable bunch of people.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Trump was one of the more peaceful presidents. He got on really well with the Middle East, Arab royal families, Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-Un. Indicated that they were a nice and reasonable bunch of people.
Despite the histrionics of the usual suspects screaming he would start WW3 🙄

The same ones that seem to turn a blind eye to Obama using reaper drones against defenceless villages
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Yes, overall I think we can safely say that the worse the dictator, the more Trump admired them.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Despite the histrionics of the usual suspects screaming he would start WW3 🙄

The same ones that seem to turn a blind eye to Obama using reaper drones against defenceless villages
Trump was just 'lucky' in that he didn't have a major Islamist attack during his term - Bush and Obama had already pretty much eliminated ISIS. I think you and the Trumpites are really reaching portraying him as some sort of peacenik. If there had been a major attack on the US during his Presidency, he would have reacted wildly and with dangerous consequences. Also he was working through proxies, there were several quite provocative attacks on Iran during his term but they were carried out by Israel - that's the main driver behind the relocation of the US embassy to Jerusalem and the so-called 'peace' moves in the Middle East, which were all about enabling Netanyahu to win the election.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Trump was just 'lucky' in that he didn't have a major Islamist attack during his term

Bush and Obama had already pretty much eliminated ISIS. I think you and the Trumpites are really reaching portraying him as some sort of peacenik. If there had been a major attack on the US during his Presidency, he would have reacted wildly and with dangerous consequences. Also he was working through proxies, there were several quite provocative attacks on Iran during his term but they were carried out by Israel - that's the main driver behind the relocation of the US embassy to Jerusalem and the so-called 'peace' moves in the Middle East, which were all about enabling Netanyahu to win the election.
Uh yeah he was 'lucky' ...

Bush helped defeat ISIS? I find that a bit hard to believe 🤣. Look at a map of the Isis caliphate in 2016 and compare it to 2020, nuff said. If Jeb or Hilary had gotten in they'd still be sending money and guns to Al Qaida ... Sorry I mean, "moderate rebels" 😉

But as per the rest of your post I completely agree. But we're not saying he's a pacifist. We're saying he's not going to start any wars unless the US is attacked - so behaving like any rational country rather than the corporate war machine of the last few presidents.

And if any country did attack the US he'd completely destroy them none of this endless bloody occupation we've got in Afghanistan to try and teach the Taliban about feminism.
Peace through strength.
jackmarshal757
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He won’t run in 2024
savagegenius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Trump declares himself the nominee for the Republicans in '24. :lol: :rolleyes: :afraid:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-2024-nominee

Can he do it? Seems implausible, but you never know.
no because the white house is forBIDEN.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Ted Cruz summed it up:

“These deplorables are here to stay,"

At CPAC, Cruz and Hawley remain defiant about Capitol riot
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Ascend)
Ted Cruz summed it up:

At CPAC, Cruz and Hawley remain defiant about Capitol riot
There's a hilarious clip showing the CPAC organisers trying to persuade the delegates they have to wear a mask at conference meetings and being shouted down. Something not just bonkers but homicidal about today's GOP.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ascend)
Yes they are. It's Trump Party now! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
There's something Awesome about today's GOP.
Fixed that for you 😆😉

But we've still got a lot of work to do. McConnell thinks his kowtowing is going to save him. Hopefully he'll be proved wrong. Along with all the other establishment fakes.
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Harris was first one of the 15 on stage at the Democratic nominations bail out of for lack of support and being so disliked, yet she is going to become the first female president within the next 4 years. We live in strange times where anything can happen.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
Harris was first one of the 15 on stage at the Democratic nominations bail out of for lack of support and being so disliked, yet she is going to become the first female president within the next 4 years. We live in strange times where anything can happen.
Yes but that's only through inheriting it as Vice President. Nobodies going to make pence VP again
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
But we've still got a lot of work to do. McConnell thinks his kowtowing is going to save him. Hopefully he'll be proved wrong. Along with all the other establishment fakes.
No one's more fake than Trump with his debt-raddled 'wealth', his many business failures and cons and his imaginary friends.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No one's more fake than Trump with his debt-raddled 'wealth', his many business failures and cons and his imaginary friends.
Trump has lots of friends, believe me 🤣

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFKKxcFxwY
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Trump has lots of friends, believe me 🤣

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFKKxcFxwY
They only think he's their mate. As we saw at the riots, he's happy to throw any of them to the wolves at the drop of a hat.
MatureStudent37
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Trump declares himself the nominee for the Republicans in '24. :lol: :rolleyes: :afraid:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-2024-nominee

Can he do it? Seems implausible, but you never know.
That’s why they tried to impeach him. If that were successful, he couldn’t stand.

The democrats see him as a potential threat in 2024. Remove the threat is the best thing to do.
MatureStudent37
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
They only think he's their mate. As we saw at the riots, he's happy to throw any of them to the wolves at the drop of a hat.
That’s Politicians for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.55%
Virtual campus tours/open days (98)
22.9%
Live streaming events (39)
9.11%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (40)
9.35%
A uni comparison tool (98)
22.9%
An in-person event when available (95)
22.2%