Will uni be online in 21/22?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Despite the announcement that all restrictions are to be lifted on the 21/06, and with the assumption this goes ahead, that still leaves the issue of international students who *might* not still be able to get to the UK by September therefore meaning that uni next year could possibly be online?
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Right now this is based on ASSUMPTIONS COVID cases keep going down at the rate they are. If cases go up once restrictions start being lifted, they’re going to be put back in place.

So no one can predict what’s happening as these are just based on a linear approach to the numbers so far.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Right now this is based on ASSUMPTIONS COVID cases keep going down at the rate they are. If cases go up once restrictions start being lifted, they’re going to be put back in place.

So no one can predict what’s happening as these are just based on a linear approach to the numbers so far.
yes based on the assumption, would it be online or not
Articultr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
if the rates keep going down especially with people getting vaccines i think unis will have most lectures in person by September and they would probably upload everything online so that international students or students who are vulnerable for whatever reason can still access everything. But that's only if cases keep going down. For all we know there could be another huge spike
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If come September everyone in the UK is vaccinated I dont see why the UK couldn't charge international students a small one time fee for a vaccination in the UK and a temporary quarantine period for arrivals from 'red list countries'.

Given the news im now optimistic for next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (547)
51.03%
No (525)
48.97%

Watched Threads