Students to wear masks for 6 hours a day in schools

Watch
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Like other people have noted, if it is hugely problematic to a pupil to wear a mask, due to it causing distress, danger or because of a specific medical condition, they will be exempt from wearing one.

I hope that teachers will enforce these rules/ guidelines in such a way that doesn't stigmatise/ ridicule pupils that genuinely cannot wear a mask.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by kiraaaaaxo)
thats ridiculous lol how are we going to talk directly to the teacher lol or even speak to other people in your class lol???
when I had in person seminars (those were the days - we still have it all online so try to count yourself lucky that you're back in school ) we were all 2m away with masks and doors / windows open. it wasn't great, but we managed.
Josel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by kiqbal000)
Wearing a mask doesn’t stop you from talking.
Yess and the fact that you can wear face shields if masks really “stops” you from “talking”
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The broadcast is about to begin shortly. Boris Johnson will outline his roadmap regarding coronavirus and education.

Live:

ermmaya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by dazzymc)
What do you think? Do you agree with this?
i have mine on all day at school except when i’m eating or drinking - also i’m asthmatic and i find it okay, i think this should be fine
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by dazzymc)
What do you think? Do you agree with this?
I currently wear masks for 6 hours a day in a lab at the university, have been doing so for months, I don't really see the issue
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You need to realise that most kids wouldn’t follow these rules.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
You need to realise that most kids wouldn’t follow these rules.
Probably true unfortunately, not trying to youth bash here but when i was getting public transport frequently to get to work it was overwhelmingly younger people who didnt bother to put a mask on for the bus or were wearing it under their noses
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Probably true unfortunately, not trying to youth bash here but when i was getting public transport frequently to get to work it was overwhelmingly younger people who didnt bother to put a mask on for the bus or were wearing it under their noses
Saw a teenage girl putting on make up on the bus today ( without a mask, naturally) - had an overwhelming desire to go sit next to her and pretend to have a coughing fit
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Finally
theoneyoulove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i acc enjoy wearing a mask loooool
LordBerkut
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Kids have been wearing masks in school in South Korea and Japan for ages. They're fine. Even if children are infected with and spread covid at a lower rate than adults, that's still a lot on infections and potential mutations. It makes no sense not to wear masks.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by theoneyoulove)
i acc enjoy wearing a mask loooool

why
username5613474
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I don’t mind wearing the face masks, but it’s the tests that I’m probs going to struggle with
theoneyoulove
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
why
idk 😭 it just looks better and i feel more erm idk comfortable/confident? 😭 but i cant recognise anyone which is a bit annoying :/
Cov3rt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Been wearing a mask in school since september. Its completely fine imo
iamthicccccc1405
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
why
yea why?
theoneyoulove
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by iamthicccccc1405)
yea why?
i said why above 😭😭😭
iamthicccccc1405
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i said why above 😭😭😭
oops lol
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
idk 😭 it just looks better and i feel more erm idk comfortable/confident? 😭 but i cant recognise anyone which is a bit annoying :/

I see, because it’s hiding like half your face, I guess. Got nothing to say really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.72%
No (450)
48.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise