SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MatureStudent37)
I show you the conservatives will lose the next election. We’ve had a major kick in the balls with Covid and people will feel they need a change and bite somebody else in.

However, conservatives seem to be riding high in the polls. Libdems didn’t seem to recover from their ‘vote for us and we’ll go against the result of the largest turnout for any vote this country’s ever had .’ The SNP will do what the SNP do. Labours still not got their act together.

I don’t doubt we’ll be seeing a deficit post Covid, but I think we’ll be seeing quite a quick return. Who’s in power we’ll have to wait and see.

As a general rule though. As long as no bat sh*t crazies get voted in, they’ll all be fighting over the middle ground so whoever is on power won’t matter too much.
We've seen deficits ever since the financial crisis, so why not post covid?
MatureStudent37
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
We've seen deficits ever since the financial crisis, so why not post covid?
We probably will.

The indelicate is going to hit us hard over the next few years. Thankfully, we have a bit more room to manoeuvre in the recovery. Plus a lot of good will throughout the world thanks to Oxford/AstraZeneca. Atmospherics coming out of Buenos Aries for example seem to have calmed as for one example. Obviously our friends over the channel are still spitting feathers.

Merely pointing out that post Covid I’m hoping will have a quick return to normality. It looks like we’ll be one of the first countries coming out of this. Balance sheets for business’s aren’t too bad in most sectors and there’s a lot of Personal finances been banned ready to spend.

Combine that with the uncertainty over brexit now a thing of the past, expansion plans that had been put on hold are being signed off.

That should mean the sectors that have been hit the hardest. Hospitality and retail should be getting a better than expected boost from the off. None of the ‘waiting for confidence to come back.’
Euroliberal
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, but a reformed voting system and increasing the turnout amongst 18-25 year olds should take priority
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
The voting age should be increased if anything.
This ^^^^^^^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (189)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (551)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (516)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (223)
5.94%
Loneliness (315)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (335)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (352)
9.38%

Watched Threads