Revising for 'mini exams'?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm so stressed about these exams, I'm trying to stay strong but now that we're going to school on March 8th. I feel like the possibility of doing these exams has increased. For those who are in exam years.. How do you feel?
SomeGuy_477
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I was told that exams are cancelled because of lockdown 😅
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
There should be an announcement on Thursday so then we will know for certain what’s required from us 🤞🏽

Whatever it is - good luck!
Infamous76
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm so stressed about these exams, I'm trying to stay strong but now that we're going to school on March 8th. I feel like the possibility of doing these exams has increased. For those who are in exam years.. How do you feel?
You're absolutely not alone- even if there were some kind of mini-exam, the grade boundaries would probably be a lot lower because mostly everyone's been in the same boat with missing out. (for example, the 2020 autumn exam series saw way lower boundaries)

So far it looks like it'll just be your teachers setting assessments to get some evidence before giving you a grade- think of it this way, you get to prove that you should have whatever grade you really want to get, you have more control over your own future!
kiraaaaaxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
omdss i hope they do mini exams as i did sooo bad in my mocks and i did not pass any im so dumb but im acc going to try my best in these exams pleaseee let them happen....

anyoune any advice to revise for gcse english literature and maths pleaseee thanks now in like the lockdown?......
Infamous76
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by kiraaaaaxo)
omdss i hope they do mini exams as i did sooo bad in my mocks and i did not pass any im so dumb but im acc going to try my best in these exams pleaseee let them happen....

anyoune any advice to revise for gcse english literature and maths pleaseee thanks now in like the lockdown?......
for maths try and get through as many past papers as you can, the more the better
I found starting off doing them open-book and then trying without and marking them after helps
a_uzj1212
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by kiraaaaaxo)

lots of past papers for maths. note down areas you're weak at after doing past papers (for example solving equations) and watch a few yt videos on it or go through a cgp boook and then try the paper again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (568)
50.22%
No (563)
49.78%

Watched Threads