Can I bring my non student boyfriend and friend to freshers?

Watch
DancingJester
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I start uni in September at Birmingham City as is my friend. We want to go to freshers for one night but our friend isn’t a student and neither is my boyfriend (he may potentially refuse to go though). I have absolutely no interest in making any friends because we’re mature students and honestly we’re only going because I think it would be hilarious.

Would they let them in or would you need a student card?
Whoanon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DancingJester)
I start uni in September at Birmingham City as is my friend. We want to go to freshers for one night but our friend isn’t a student and neither is my boyfriend (he may potentially refuse to go though). I have absolutely no interest in making any friends because we’re mature students and honestly we’re only going because I think it would be hilarious.

Would they let them in or would you need a student card?
Hi I can only speak to my uni I don’t go to Birmingham but we could at mine. If it was on site they usually had to sign a guest form and you were responsible for them if anything was to happen
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
provided he doesn't need a student ID to access venues, yes. he may even be able to buy guest tickets even if that's the case.
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nights out in the city centre aimed at students - yes, that's fine.

For on-campus events it depends on the uni. At my uni some things are open to all and other things students can bring 1 guest. I can't find anything for Birmingham City online, but when they release tickets/info for freshers week I'm sure it will say.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DancingJester)
I have absolutely no interest in making any friends
That’s a bit of a stupid attitude
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (600)
49.22%
No (619)
50.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed