Suggest how plate movements cause tectonic hazards in Iceland. [6 marks]

Watch
#Daisy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Please can someone help me with this exam question!
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by #Daisy)
Please can someone help me with this exam question!
Hi,
So you could talk about the type of plate boundary (I think it's constructive?) and say when the two plates move apart, this causes magma to rise through the crust and some can erupt to form volcanoes. An example in Iceland could be the Eyjafjallajökull Volcano.

hope this helps
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Also talk about the Richter scale and earthquakes etc. Give some well known examples like the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami and the 2011 Japan earthquake. Also try to explain about the Haiti earthquake here. Aim to devote a full concisely written paragraph to each extreme weather event. Use your class notes as a source of alternative fodder in order to build up your essay. To further strengthen up your entire coursework essay and to add some more substance and weight to it I recommend looking online at a few different old digital newspaper articles about each event.
Summarise what happened briefly in your own original words. Provide a short list of all reference sources at the bottom of your essay in a footer box or as a typed up list. Refer to your written up class notes in order to condense and then make your essay ebb and flow smoothly. If typing up use black only.
A short breakdown of the Richter scale is as follows below for your reference
Level Nine- totally scary earthquake causing a wipeout
Level Eight- fairly scary earthquake
Level Seven- less intensive one
Level Six- still fairly dangerous but reduced in effect
Level Five- less dangerous
Level Four- can be felt but not as worrying
Level Three- minor one
Level Two- barely detectable
Level One- lowest of the low
Level Zero- nada
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (53)
28.19%
No (135)
71.81%

Watched Threads