The Student Room Group

Cifas and prepaid cards

are you able to get a prepaid card with a Cifas 6 marker?
e.g. Pockit, Cashplus, Suits Me
Reply 1
Original post by user3162

Possibly. Possibly not. Why not try and find out?
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Possibly. Possibly not. Why not try and find out?

Well i’m not 18, so i’m curious if anyone else has
Reply 3
Well i’m not 18, so i’m curious if anyone else has

Just because someone else was accepted doesn't necessarily mean you will be. Eligibility criteria changes all the time.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Just because someone else was accepted doesn't necessarily mean you will be. Eligibility criteria changes all the time.

okay thank you
do you know if student finance can be put into prepaid cards
Reply 5
okay thank you
do you know if student finance can be put into prepaid cards

If it accepts BACS payments in YOUR NAME and not some umbrella, yes.
Hey, I’ve seen you all over these forums. Is there any chance you know of a prepaid bank that has this feature? Thank you in advance.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I’ve seen you all over these forums. Is there any chance you know of a prepaid bank that has this feature? Thank you in advance.

If the account allows direct debits then it's very likely that it will accept BACS payments in your name. (Direct debits are done on the basis of sort code and account number, which implies that the account number is allocated you personally and isn't a collection account.)
Original post by martin7
If the account allows direct debits then it's very likely that it will accept BACS payments in your name. (Direct debits are done on the basis of sort code and account number, which implies that the account number is allocated you personally and isn't a collection account.)

Can you recommend any please?

More times yes
More times yes

No one can possibly say that all these outfits will accept the majority of applicants with CIFAS markers. As per post #4, eligiblity criteria change all the time, (just look at Monzo), so the only way to find out is for the person in question to apply themselves.

It's like me being approved for a mortgage and then saying that others definitely will too.
Original post by Admit-One
No one can possibly say that all these outfits will accept the majority of applicants with CIFAS markers. As per post #4, eligiblity criteria change all the time, (just look at Monzo), so the only way to find out is for the person in question to apply themselves.

It's like me being approved for a mortgage and then saying that others definitely will too.

Most of these prepaid cards don’t do cifas checks
Most of these prepaid cards don’t do cifas checks

I didn't say that they did. I said that:
Original post by Admit-One

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending