sleep paralysis

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
last night i had sleep paralysis and i dont know if what happened was real life or a hallucination. it felt so real and my arms were being pulled up and i felt as if i could see my room but could not move and couldn't scream for help. it was like there was a presence there which is why i was so scared. when i woke up for a split second out of it my arm was stretched out to the side next to me which is why i feel like my arms were actually in the air. does anyone know if my arms were likely in the air during this or if it was just an hallucination? it makes me scared not to sleep next to anyone again
Josel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
last night i had sleep paralysis and i dont know if what happened was real life or a hallucination. it felt so real and my arms were being pulled up and i felt as if i could see my room but could not move and couldn't scream for help. it was like there was a presence there which is why i was so scared. when i woke up for a split second out of it my arm was stretched out to the side next to me which is why i feel like my arms were actually in the air. does anyone know if my arms were likely in the air during this or if it was just an hallucination? it makes me scared not to sleep next to anyone again
Maybe you were having an outer body experience? I have this too as well as sleep paralysis
Josel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Josel)
Maybe you were having an outer body experience? I have this too as well as sleep paralysis
May sound weird but when I have this pray and close my eyes until it stops
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
i have sleep paralysis sometimes and used to find them terrifying but now it rlly doesn't bother me. you might have raised your arms in your sleep or just felt as though you did as everything just feels surreal in the moment. i found that it helps to avoid sleeping on your back and also to keep your eyes shut, focus on a specific part of your body like your fingers and try to wiggle them.
mra1108
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The best advice I can give you is to close your eyes. Really, just close your eyes. Don't do anything, don't move your arms, legs, body, or even scream for help. It may be scary, but if you close your eyes, it will eventually stop.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Yh ive had a it a few times now.
First couple of times were quite scary as I didn’t really know what was going on. But after a while you kinda realise when it’s happening so u just know to keep your eyes shut so u don’t see nothing u don’t want to see lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (625)
48.87%
No (654)
51.13%

Watched Threads